May 22, 2020
Chestnut Hill Campus
Join us in celebrating the Class of 2019!
Only individuals who have completed all degree requirements will be allowed to participate in May Commencement Exercises. The Dean may make an exception if an unforeseen circumstance arises during the exam period and the student must take an Incomplete in a course, with the expectation that the course will be completed within the next 30 days. The student’s official graduation date will be the following December. The student will not receive his/her diploma until their official graduation. In these circumstances, the Administration may not be able to certify the student to sit for the Bar Exam in July.
Guest Invitations and Seating
Our Evite system will allow you to invite your family and friends to the Commencement festivities. More formal printed invitations are also available to order through the Law School bookstore. Note: Conte Forum is a large facility, and there are no assigned seats. There is no limit to the number of guests students may invite to the ceremony, and presentation of an invitation at the door is not necessary.
Pronunciation of Names
Check with the Office of Academic and Student Services to ensure that your name is read properly.
Caps and Gowns
- Order your cap and gown online through University Cap and Gown.
- Rental cost of $39 can be paid by cash, check or credit card.
- Distribution of regalia will occur in the Career Services Office research library (EW 210), on April 24-25, 2019, from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- University Cap and Gown will also be available the day of Commencement at 9:00 am at the front entrance of Conte Forum.
- Please return your commencement regalia after the ceremony to University Cap and Gown, located at the front entrance of Conte Forum.
Information from Commencement Photos, Inc. is mailed to all graduates. For any questions contact:
- (978) 851-5924
Wednesday, May 22, 1:00-2:00 pm
Barat House/Kenny Cottle Lawn, Newton Campus
Faculty and staff welcome
Rain location: Stuart House Snack Bar
Commencement Eve Celebration for Family & Friends
Thursday, May 23, 4-6 pm
Stuart House Snack Bar/Yellow Room
Reception and awards presentation
Friday, May 24, 9:00 am
Parish of St. Ignatius of Loyola, Chestnut Hill Campus
Friday, May 24, 10:30 am
Conte Forum, Boston College’s Chestnut Hill Campus
Friday, May 24, 12:30 pm
Reception to follow the ceremony at Conte Forum
Champagne, soft drinks and light refreshments will be served
Alumni Golf Tournament*
Friday, May 17
Boston Bar Crawl*
Saturday, May 18
Red Sox v. Houston Astros Game*
Sunday, May 19, 1:05 pm
Urban Axes Event*
Monday, May 20, 1:00-5:00 pm
2 Union Square, Sommerville, MA 02413
Black and White Ball*
Tuesday, May 21, 8:00 pm - midnight
Top of the Hub
*LSA dates and details subject to change. Event ticket pricing and sales date TBD
A list of hotels offering discounts for BC graduation can be found here.
If you or a family member have mobility restrictions that will require assisted drop-off at the entrance to Conte Forum on Commencement morning, please contact Joan Manna via email or at (617) 552- 4344 before Wednesday, May 22.
Belmont Medical Supply
185 Belmont Street
Belmont, MA 02478
Sullivan's Medical Supply
1 Corinth Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
617-323-0304 (preferred number, leave a message) or 617-325-0013
575 University Avenue
Norwood, MA 02072
800-649-2422 (Customer Service option #1)
- Massachusetts bar certifications will be submitted electronically
- Review bar related online resources on the student CSO GoogleDrive (You must be logged into Google using your BC Law email account)
- Out-of-state bar certifications: submit to Theresa Kachmar in Academic Services for completion, Stuart 308
- For further assistance with bar process and applications generally, visit Academic and Student Services
Official Start and Graduation Dates (For Bar Application)
- Official date of Graduation: Monday, May 20, 2019 (Law School Commencement exercises will occur on May 24)
- Last date of attendance: May 14, 2019
- Official start date: August 25, 2016