May 22, 2020
Chestnut Hill Campus
Join us in celebrating the Class of 2020!
Guest Invitations and Seating
There is no limit to the number of guests students may invite to the ceremony. Presentation of an invitation at the door is not necessary. Our Evite system (coming soon) will allow you to invite your family and friends to the Commencement festivities. More formal printed invitations are also available to purchase through the Law School bookstore. Note: Conte Forum is a large facility, and there are no assigned seats.
Pronunciation of Names
Please contact Special Assistant to the Dean, Liz Rosselot, to ensure that your name is read properly.
Caps and Gowns
- Order your cap and gown online through University Cap and Gown. The ordering system will open on February 3, 2020.
- Rental cost of $42 can be paid by cash, check or credit card.
- Distribution of regalia will occur in the Career Services Office Resource Center (EW 210), on April 15-16, from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- University Cap and Gown will also be available the day of Commencement at 9:00 am at the front entrance of Conte Forum.
- Please return your commencement regalia after the ceremony to University Cap and Gown, located at the front entrance of Conte Forum. You are responsible for the return of your regalia.
Information from Commencement Photos, Inc. is mailed to all graduates. For any questions contact:
- (978) 851-5924
Wednesday, May 20, 1:00-2:00 pm
Barat House/Kenny Cottle Lawn, Newton Campus
Faculty and staff welcome
Rain location: Stuart House Snack Bar
Commencement Eve Celebration for Family & Friends
Thursday, May 21, 4-6 pm
(Rain Location: Stuart House Snack Bar/Yellow Room)
Reception and awards presentation
Friday, May 22, 9:00 am
Parish of St. Ignatius of Loyola, Chestnut Hill Campus
Friday, May 22, 10:30 am
Conte Forum, Boston College’s Chestnut Hill Campus
Friday, May 22, 12:30 pm
Reception to follow the ceremony at Conte Forum
Champagne, soft drinks and light refreshments will be served
Event list coming soon
A list of hotels offering discounts for BC graduation can be found here.
If you or a family member have mobility restrictions that will require assisted drop-off at the entrance to Conte Forum on Commencement morning, please contact Joan Manna via email or at (617) 552- 4344 before Wednesday, May 20.
Belmont Medical Supply
185 Belmont Street
Belmont, MA 02478
Sullivan's Medical Supply
1 Corinth Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
617-323-0304 (preferred number, leave a message) or 617-325-0013
575 University Avenue
Norwood, MA 02072
800-649-2422 (Customer Service option #1)
- Massachusetts bar certifications will be submitted electronically for all graduates regardless of where the graduate is taking the bar. The SJC requires that Massachusetts law schools file electronically. No paper forms are allowed.
- Review bar related online resources on the student CSO GoogleDrive (You must be logged into Google using your BC Law email account)
- Out-of-state bar certifications: submit to Theresa Kachmar in Academic Services for completion, Stuart suite 308
- For further assistance with bar process and applications generally, visit Nina Farber, Director of Academic Success, located in Academic and Student Services, Stuart suite 308
Official Start and Graduation Dates (For Bar Application)
- Official date of Graduation: Monday, May 18, 2020 (Law School Commencement exercises will occur on May 22)
- Last date of attendance: May 12, 2020
- Official start date: August 24, 2017