As a Jesuit, Catholic institution, Boston College is committed to the holistic development of our students, and part of this commitment is instilling integrity, encouraging right decision-making, and fostering self-accountability. Each student is expected to grow and develop during their time here, to be more than when they began their journey at BC. The goal of the Office of Student Conduct is to facilitate this growth by educating and fostering the civility, communality, and social decorum required of an educational institution.
Being a member of the Boston College community is a privilege, which comes with the responsibility to act in accordance with all institutional rules and policies. The Student Code of Conduct exists to provide information on these behavioral expectations and to articulate the process of addressing violations of these expectations.
1. Know how individual behavior impacts the larger community.
2. Know the consequences of their behavior.
3. Understand that sanctions will be more severe in the future for similar decisions.
4. Understand that future policy violations may impact future goals and campus participation (ie. Study Abroad, employment opportunities such as RA or OL positions, law school and medical school applications, etc.).
5. Understand how decision making prior to the incident could have improved the outcome of the incident and will integrate this understanding into their future behavior.
6. Recognize the importance of and be able to identify a campus resource or support person to assist them in the future.
Meet Our Staff