Tuesday, August 24 - Thursday, August 26
Start your BC journey off strong! Move in early for a two-day, on-campus retreat for first-year students looking to meet new friends, build community, connect with mentors, and discover tools for success as you transition to your new home at BC.
During the Retreat, you’ll…
- Have fun and start building new authentic friendships
- Engage in meaningful conversations about navigating life at BC
- Connect with upperclass mentors, highly regarded professors, and key staff
- Determine the best ways to maximize your first semester experience
Build relationships through fun, team-building activities, hear from guest speakers on topics like making BC your home, go for a sunrise walk, take a yoga class, or rock climb, participate in campus tours with peer mentors...and more!
Space is limited! Reserve your spot soon by scanning the QR Code or Filling Out This Google Form
Coming Soon: QR Code/Form Link To Sign Up
- Sign Up:
Sign up for the BConnected Retreat by scanning the QR Code or clicking this link and filling out the Google Form. This form confirms your place on the retreat and space is limited. You will be notified if the retreat is at capacity and placed on a waitlist. For questions or more specific information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BConnected Retreat takes place on campus two days prior to regular move-in and all Welcome Week activities. Students will move in early to their assigned dorm rooms and will be provided a schedule of events and locations, in addition to being connected to peer mentors who can answer any real-time questions. Various activities planned take place on-and-around campus and are designed to get students acquainted to the “hidden gems” of BC, including, but not limited to, the dining hall(s), the Margot Connell Recreation Center, and the Pine Tree Preserve. Students will return to their dorm to sleep at night after activities have concluded.
- Move In:
Students who sign-up for the BConnected Retreat will receive a sign up from Residential Life via email to indicate you will be moving in early. You will “select into” the BConnected Retreat group which will notify Residential Life of your intent to move-in early. All BConnected participants will be able to freely move-in on Tuesday, August 24th between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and should plan accordingly. Details regarding the check-in process will be provided to each individual. The first activity of the retreat will take place the night of Tuesday the 24th.
- COVID-19 Considerations:
The BConnected Retreat is being planned with all COVID-19 considerations in place to allow for social distancing, mask wearing, and testing as mandated by the state and University. Updates will be provided as mandates continue to change and all participants will be informed prior to early move-in.
- Other Conflicts (International Student Orientation, BC Bands, ELP, and More):
Students who have conflicts on August 24th to 26th, such as International Student Orientation, BC Bands, and ELP are invited to still sign-up for the BConnected Retreat. Please indicate your conflict when signing up, including a conflict not listed. We will coordinate with students and their organization advisors accordingly so that you are able to participate in any BConnected events when not engaged in your other commitments.
- Dietary Restrictions and Food Allergies:
Please indicate when signing up any dietary restrictions or food allergies you may have so that we can appropriately accommodate for your meals on the retreat.
- Get to know your new friends over a DIY cooking class with BC Dining
- Hear from superstar campus faculty and staff on topics like Making BC Your Home at BC, Authenticity & Vulnerability, and Caring For Your Total Wellbeing
- Find time for reflection on your own and in small groups, led by peer mentors
- Have a meal with key campus staff; learn about one another and how they can be a resource for you at college
- Get moving! Participate in an afternoon of team-bonding with Campus Recreation and get familiar with the Margot Connell Recreation Center, including a rock wall, golf simulator, and more
- Wrap-up your retreat experience with a sunrise walk or yoga class with your new friends and mentors, featuring the Office of Health Promotion
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be able to spend time with my parents, family, or guardian(s) after moving in?
Early move-in can begin as early as 9 a.m. and the first event of the retreat will take place around 6 p.m. that night; should you finish moving-in, you are welcome to spend the afternoon exploring the area with family, guardians, or friends.