A Non-drinking Mentoring Program for First Year Students
- Navigate College Life
- Tackle important college topics and making BC your home
- Learning about BC and community resources
- Mentor Program
- First year students grouped and matched with a pair of upper class students
- Monthly dinner meet-ups
- Network, meet new people, and build connections
- Community Service
- Opportunities for getting involved and giving back
- Social Activities
- Meet Up, have fun, attend a variety of programs and activities
If you are a first year student and interested in becoming a mentee, email Amanda Kuron.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I have to be a committed non-drinker to join Connect?
A: Connect mentees are all interested in socializing without alcohol while at BC. If you do choose to drink after joining Connect, your mentors will be there to have a conversation, support you, and help you determine if Connect remains a good fit for you.
Q: Do I have to be a non-drinker to come to a Connect-sponsored event?
A: Connect-sponsored events are open to anyone in the BC community who is looking for a space to socialize without alcohol. All Connect-sponsored events are alcohol-free in nature.
Q: What can I expect as a Connect mentee?
A: You can expect to connect (no pun intended) with upperclassmen mentors, meet like-minded first-year students, participate in monthly dinner discussions, and attend alcohol-free events happening on and off-campus.