The Office of Health Promotion seeks to:
- Educate students on the lifelong benefits of maintaining a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle
- Empower students to make informed decisions and develop skills that enhance wellbeing
- Foster a campus environment in which students thrive intellectually, spiritually, socially, and physically by developing collaborative, cross-University relationships and educational outreach guided by our unique Catholic/Jesuit mission.
In the Office of Health Promotion, we take a holistic and inclusive approach to health. We believe that health is a journey—what we want, need, and feel changes year-to-year, day-to-day, even moment-to-moment. We also acknowledge that students who identify as a minority, whether in race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, and more, have different pathways and journeys to health. We are committed to creating conditions where students are able to meet their health and wellness needs, define health for themselves, to listen to and and honor their bodies, minds, and souls, and to cultivate a life that is balanced and sustainable. We are working to build a campus community in which everyone has an opportunity to feel well and whole!
Office Learning Outcomes
- Reflect on personal attitudes and beliefs in order to enhance positive perceptions of self
- Develop skills and strategies to maintain a well-balanced lifestyle
- Make informed choices that reduce harm and promote personal well-being
Academic Year: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Summer: Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Stop by the Health Hub!
Health Hub is a new space in the basement of Gasson (outside of 013) to study and relax. This space features bean bag chairs, lap desks, coloring pages, stress balls, and feel good quotes. Come check us out!