Leadership Development & Group Facilitation
Outdoor Adventures is now offering two new and exciting student leadership and student group development programs for the Boston College community. These two courses offer all groups an excellent opportunity to become better in communication and problem solving, and to build great group dynamics.
High Adventure Program
The High Adventure Program is based on using the challenges of the natural world to boost confidence and build trust. Instead of using an artificial “adventure course” the program takes place in nature. This means that you will be overcoming real obstacles and will have to rely on your group to be successful.
What happens on a High Adventure Program?
- Climb natural cliffs using your teammates for safety.
- Rappel from cliff tops. Work through your fears with the help of your team.
- Traverse steep rock faces relying on your team for guidance.
The High Adventure Program blends together elements of communication, teamwork, and personal challenge in an environment of excitement and fun. We stress safety and have well-trained facilitators.
What’s Included: (in addition to facilitators)
- All technical safety gear.
- A 1 hour customization meeting.
- A 4 hour High Adventure Experience
- A Personal Action Plan. This lets individuals give context to their experience and allows them to carryover lessons into their everyday life.
Price: $65 per person
“Being a trip leader for OA has been awesome. Having my peers come experience the outdoors—especially when it’s their first time doing it—is my favorite part. I get to expose them to the things and places I love that they would never get to see otherwise. So even though it’s a lot of work, it never feels like it when you see the excitement of people trying something for the first time.”