BC benefits-eligible employees who are NEW participants in the WAC will qualify to receive a new Fitbit once they have joined a WAC team online.
Note that we are still welcoming volunteers to be TEAM LEADERS. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 9/23 with your name and Eagle ID.
Boston College’s Walk Across Campus (WAC) is among the most popular of many Healthy You sponsored activities. Over the last several years, the Walk Across Campus challenge has successfully promoted friendly competition while building solid camaraderie amongst peers throughout BC. The WAC has fostered a “community of walkers” year-round, and once the challenge begins the campus fills with scores of walkers getting their steps in whenever they can. The BC campus offers many areas to enjoy taking steps. For instance, when leaving from the 129 Lake Street building, two loops around Chandler Pond equals two miles, as does completing one loop around the reservoir when you leave from the front of the Margot Connell Recreation Center.
Boston College's charitable walk campaign marches on this year as we continue to incorporate BC's mission of being "men and women for others" into our health and well-being programming.
Join fellow BC employees in a walk for one of the following great causes! To join a team, please contact a Team Leader listed below. They will assist you with the registration process. All participants will receive a complimentary BC t-shirt, distributed by Team Leaders on the day of the walk. Please note that any registration fees and/or fundraising requirements are to be incurred by participants.
We are still looking for Team Leaders for walks. If you are interested in being the Team Leader, please contact Sue Lawler or call 617-552-3336. Team Leaders function as the point person for their walk, under the team name "Boston College Healthy You team.” In addition to receiving a complimentary BC t-shirt, Team Leaders will also receive a BC baseball cap.
While steps will only be counted towards the WAC competition from charitable walks that fall between October and November or April and May, all participants receive the benefit of getting exercise and walking for a good cause!
Walks will be listed as they become available
If you would like to recommend a preferred charitable walk that you do not see here, please email all details of the walk to Sue Lawler for consideration.
Go Move Walking Challenge
Calling all Boston College faculty and staff! Help your team win the ninth annual Go Move Challenge by recording your minutes of movement to determine which Jesuit institution is the most active. Awards go to the university which tracks the most minutes, the university which averages the most number of minutes per participant, and the region with the most minutes.
HOW TO JOIN THE CHALLENGE
- Register at www.GoMoveChallenge.org, even if you participated last year
- Click the "LOG IN / REGISTER" button on the top menu bar
- In the "REGISTER" box, enter your university email address and other required information, including your division or college/school
- Click the "SUBMIT" button when finished
- You will receive a confirmation email with your user email and password
HOW TO LOG MINUTES
Starting February 1, visit www.GoMoveChallenge.org
- Click the “LOG IN / REGISTER” button on the top menu bar
- In the “LOG IN” box, enter your email address and password
- In the “LOG MY WORKOUT” box, select the type of activity, add an activity description, enter the number of minutes, and select a single date or date range for logging multiple days
- Click the “LOG IT” button when finished
Users can delete minutes that were entered in error
CHALLENGE RULES AND TIPS
- Starts: 3:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Monday, February 1, 2021
- Ends: 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday, February, 28, 2021 (NOTE: Minutes will not be accepted after the challenge ends.)
- Use the Go Move Challenge social media sites to share photos: FB, Insta, Twitter
- Open the mobile-friendly challenge website from your phone’s browser to enter minutes on the go!
- Read the challenge FAQs at www.GoMoveChallenge.org/FAQ
If you have additional questions you can email Sue Lawler at email@example.com.