Invest in Continuous Learning
To be proficient in Continuous Learning each employee needs to:
- keep current with new work methods, skills, and technologies to complete work activities
- take ownership for own self-development
- apply learning from past experiences to current and future work activities
Here are some tips to make your learning in a workshop setting a worthwhile and positive experience.
Before you go
- What do I expect to gain from attending?
- How is the workshop relevant to my current job and future at Boston College?
- Are there specific projects, tasks, or situations related to the program to work on during the workshop?
- How will I test my new skills/knowledge and track my progress?
- How can my manager support me?
While you’re there
Take 100% responsibility for your learning by:
- staying present and fully engaged
- asking questions and asking for clarification
- being willing to share your ideas and feelings
- being open to new ways of doing things
- focusing on the main points and deciding what’s important
When you return
Apply and reinforce your learning by:
- using work projects to try out your new skills
- asking for support and help as your practice your new skills
- telling people what you’re trying to do differently
- sharing what you’ve learned with your manager and co-workers