The unique challenges faculty are facing right now have meant that the CTE is seeing an unprecedented number of requests for support. To meet that demand, we’ve put the following supports in place to help you with your final preparations for fall.
Remote workshops continue to be offered on a range of technological and pedagogical topics relevant to fall. Find the full workshop schedule and registration information on the CTE’s Supplemental Sessions page.
We’re also organizing virtual drop-in sessions where CTE staff will be available to help you troubleshoot your technology and teaching questions. We ask that you sign up for a drop-in time slot and give us a heads up of the kinds of questions you’d like help with.
- Quick Start Checklists to help you stay on top of the necessary details of planning for fall: ABI Checklist and ARI Checklist.
- Sample Syllabus Statements geared towards the particular policy adjustments required by the current moment.
- Classroom Technology & Engagement Resource walks you through all your options for bridging in-class and remote learning in your blended, on-campus course.
- Instructional Technology FAQ provides answers to all the nitty gritty questions we’ve gotten about the instructional technologies faculty are planning to use this fall.
We invite you to avail yourself of the above options whenever possible to find the support you need. If you have remaining questions, please do reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you direct all queries to this central account, rather than contacting staff individually, so we can better manage the flow of requests.
Who to Contact
- Basic Zoom questions and support
- Technical issues with your computer
- Recommendations for personal technology purchases
Classroom concerns (loans of microphones, using the projection system, etc.)
- Basic tech troubleshooting
- Help with internet access on campus (Eduroam)
Student support for Canvas, Zoom, and Panopto
- Canvas technical questions
- Support for Lockdown Browser (for use in a classroom)
- Online Courses
Integrating Library content into Canvas
- Preparing media for sharing with students through Canvas