Summer High School Programs
two week programs for high school and college bound students
High school programs are built around the idea of giving students the leadership, business, and academic tools to succeed in college and beyond. Classes are designed with these goals in mind, offering students the chance to work together to solve challenges faced in the real world. Students focus on concepts of entrepreneurship and innovation, such as:
- Why do small businesses fail?
- How do you set yourself up for success?
- Pitching your idea to a varied audience
- Fundamental marketing and business concepts
Courses are taught by leading Boston College and Boston area business faculty, and emphasize hands-on learning through projects, student presentations, and business simulations.
During their program, students live, eat, work, and socialize in the heart of the Boston College campus. Students are given the opportunity to sample the American college experience and the educational hub that is the city of Boston. Just like full-time Boston College students, summer participants have access to campus dining halls, libraries, and bookstores, giving an authentic taste of life as a BC student.
Whether it's touring college campuses around Boston, spending a day at a museum, or visting a local company, students are given plenty of chances to explore Boston! Social and extracurricular activies vary from program to program, but all summer sessions feature trips around the city. While many of these activies have a educational focus, all are designed to promote social connections and build friendships that will last long after the program finishes.
Included in the program
- Campus housing (including linens)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Transportation to and from airport
- Subway pass
- Program and materials
- Welcome reception
- Graduation reception
- Visits to companies, Harvard, MIT, historic sites (subject to availability)
- Interactive classes
- Mentors for student groups
- Social activies
- Certificates in Entrepreneurship & Innovation from the Global Leadership Institute at Boston College
While each program can be a bit different, all high school programs incorporate lectures, presentations, site visits, and social activites. An example of a two week summer program is shown below.