PhD in Innovation Management
offered through arabian gulf university in bahrain
Across the GCC, organizations, companies, and governments seek ways to revitalize the region. Leaders are needed to develop and manage innovative solutions to some of the area's biggest economic, social, and political challenges.
The PhD in Innovation Management program seeks to produce a generation of young professionals endowed with the skills necessary to develop, lead, and spread the culture of innovation through the GCC countries.
Led by Arabian Gulf University, the PhD in Innovation Management features international faculty who are leaders in innovation, strategy, and leadership, including professors from the Boston College Carroll School of Management, the University of Cologne School of Business, and the University of Cambridge, among others.
Students in the program will gain:
- Expertise in the value chain of innovation, including theorites, methodologies, and academic models.
- The skills to carry out innovative projects in technology, management, policy, and business.
- The ability to use innovative approaches and strategies to solve some of the most complex problems affecting the GCC region.
- The analytical skills to use data to drive and measure innovation.
- The ability to communicate and lead a culture of innovation across public and corporate sectors.
The program is comprised of two components: research and coursework, as well as a final thesis to be evaluated by AGU and international faculty.
Program research areas include:
- Science, Technology, and Innovation Policy
- Leadership/Entrepreneurship, Culture, and Change
- Strategy and New Business Model
- Operations Management and Marketing
- Finance and Economics of Innovation
- Social Innovation
For more information about this project, please visit the course website.