university institute on aging
The Institute on Aging at Boston College is now accepting applications for Dissertation Support Grants up to $7500. The program is open to any doctoral student enrolled full time at Boston College whose dissertation research studies aspects of older adults and/or their families. All applications will be reviewed by a panel of Boston College Faculty.
- Enrolled as a full time doctoral student
- Passed comprehensive exam
- Received approval of dissertation proposal
Proposals should be submitted as email attachments to Yasmin Nuñez (email@example.com) at the Center for Centers.
- Description of Dissertation Proposal (up to 5 pages)
- Budget summary outlining plans to use funds (up to 1 page)
- Description of other dissertation research grants sought or received (up to 2 pages)
- Letter of support from Chair of Dissertation Committee highlighting the following:
- Applicant’s academic excellence
- Applicant’s readiness to complete dissertation in a timely fashion
- Quality of research design and questions
- Identification of other members of dissertation committee
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Transcript
The IOA will now have 2 application cycles for the Dissertation Grants. The first cycle will be December 14, 2018 and the second cycle will be by April 12, 2019. Decisions will be made shortly after applications are received. Awards will be paid out accordingly. If you have any questions please contact Yasmin Nuñez.