Applications for Summer 2019 Now Open!
Submission of applications is on a rolling basis, though the review will occur four times over the spring for summer 2019.
Applications will not be reviewed until they are complete, It is the applicants responsibility to track their status and follow up on missing documents.
Depending upon when an application was marked completed determines which date it will be reviewed.
Applicants may expect to hear from us two weeks from the review date their completed application was reviewed.
For example, if you application was COMPLETED prior to the February 15th review date, you will hear from us within two weeks of February 15th.
Application Review Dates for 2019
February 15, 2019
March 15, 2019
April 15, 2019
May 15, 2019
Space in the individual programs varies. Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis. Payment in full is due within two weeks of receiving decision and serves as confirmation of attendance. Payment is nonrefundable.
Applications for BCE Pre College Summer Programs 2019 for the summer of 2019 are now closed.
Please check back again next year!
Monitor your application
Click on each box below to find additional details on each item.
- Rolling Admission
- Every Two Weeks
- A TOEFL or IELTs score, if English is your second language for all but the English Language Institute.
International students who in the past have studied, or are currently studying, for at least two years, at a school where the primary lanaguage of instruction is in English may request a waiver from the TOEFL requirement. The school transcript must clearly provide proof that English is the primary language of instruction.
- Applicants to all but the English Language Immersion Program should have English proficiency demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (English level) score of 577 (written), 100 (computer) 90 (iBT), or 6.5 (IELTS).
- The TOEFL code for Boston College is: 3276
- The TOEFL or IELTS score may not be substituted by other standardized test scores such as the PSAT and SAT.
- International students who are studying in the United States at a school where instruction is English at the time of their application may request a waiver from the TOEFL requriement. This does not include English Language Learner programs.
- Applicants to the English Language Immersion Program may be asked to submit TOEFL scores based on their English level skills. This will be determined after a review of their applications. TOEFL scores for the ELL program will range from 45-65 on the iB
International Applicant Visa Requirements:
- International students who intend to enroll in any of the Boston College Honors six-week, credit bearing programs must obtain a student visa through Boston College to be eligible to attend.
- International students who are admitted into the Boston College Honors programs only must submit a completed I-20 request form (this can be submitted after receiving an admissions decision).
Boston College does not issue visas for international students participating in non credit two or three week programs.
Please provide a statement of 500-750 words that explains why you would like to participate in your chosen program and why. Please include any experiences or achievements that are particularly important to you, which may not be apparent from your high school transcript
Letters of Recommendation
Letter(s) of recommendations - two letters minimum for the BCE Honors and Math Exploration programs. One letter minimum for all other programs. Letter should be from teachers, guidance counselor or anyone capable of speaking to your academic skill. Family and friends MAY NOT write recommendation letters.
TRANSCRIPTS (Six-Week Honors and Math Experience Program Applicants Only)
Official transcripts from all high schools you have attended. Please forward to the address provided in the application instructions.
Foreign transcripts not written in English must be translated and GPA must be computed per the United States standards.