Theology Graduate Student Association (TGSA)
BC Graduate Student Life
The Boston College Graduate Student Life web site provides information for the graduate community at BC. The site includes access to and events calendar for grad students, an "online orientation," the online Graduate Newsletter, and information regarding the Murray House, housing, health insurance, and more!
Active students of the Theology department attending a conference, whether presenting a paper or not, may request funding to offset costs. These funds come from a variety of sources, including the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS), the Graduate Student Association (GSA), and the Theology Graduate Student Association (TGSA). For theology students, reimbursements are channeled through the TGSA.
A student may seek reimbursement of up to $500 maximum per year, according to the following parameters:
- The student is entitled to $100 for attending a conference.
- The student is entitled to $200 for moderating or presenting at a conference.
- The student is entitled to $400 for moderating or presenting at an international conference.
The following forms must be completed and submitted to the TGSA Treasurer, Robert Eliot (firstname.lastname@example.org), within one month of returning from the conference.
- Fill out the top portion of the Student Reimbursement form (up to and not including the "Chartstring" section) and submit with original receipts.
- In addition, if there are travel-related expenses (flights, rental cars, taxis, etc.), fill out the Expense Report and submit with original receipts.