Major in Slavic Studies
The normal program for the major in Slavic Studies requires a miniumum of 31 credits:
- 6 credits in a Slavic language at or above the intermediate level
- 3 credits on Slavic civilization and culture (usually SLAV2169)
- 6 credits on a Slavic literature
- 6 credits on Slavic history or social sciences
- 9 credits in general Slavic studies (list of approved courses available)
- SLAV4091 AB Comprehensive: Slavic Studies (1 credit)
Desired Learning Outcomes Include:
- Acquiring a broad–based understanding (history, literature, culture) of scholarship about Russia, including the former Soviet Union, and the Slavic-speaking nations and societies of Eastern Europe.
A student should have one principal cultural/geographic area and one secondary area.
- Working ability in a Slavic language at or above the intermediate level.