Applications received by January 20 will receive full consideration for admission and Teaching Assistantships.
A complete application includes:
- Application forms
- Official transcripts
- An abstract of mathematics courses taken at other institutions
- GRE scores (including the Mathematics subject test) - GRE scores are optional for the upcoming admission cycle due to COVID-19
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from undergraduate teachers of Mathematics
- A detailed description of coursework.
- Official TOEFL scores, for students whose native language is not English
- The application fee.
At a minimum, students should have had at least one year of Abstract Algebra and one year of Analysis (real and complex) in their undergraduate preparation. It is helpful to list the textbooks used for these courses. Since our research is centered around Number Theory/Representation Theory, Geometry/Topology/Dynamics, and Algebraic Geometry, our aim is to accept only those students with an interest in at least one of these areas. The Statement of Purpose is a good place to describe this.