The Cushing Award—for the best fiction published in a BC undergraduate publication:
- First Place to David Kunkel for "Down the James" (Spring Stylus)
- Second Place to Zachary Frank for "River Mammals" (Spring Stylus)
- Third Place to Kate Iannarone for "Chaser (An Excerp)" (Spring Stylus)
Dever Fellowship—a substantial grant, presented annually, in honor of novelist and BC alumnus Joseph Dever, to a graduating senior who proposes to pursue a career in writing
- Molly Shea
Dever Prize for Freshman Writing—for the best essay written by a freshman in any English Course.
- Critical Essay: David Querusio, "Relying on the River"
(nominated by Caroline Bicks)
- Cultural Studies: Margaret Antonio, "Maintaining Social Equilibrium: The Rationale Behind Holding Doors Open"
(nominated by Jared Berezin)
- Personal/Autobiographical Essay: Andrea Ricol Tenreiro, "I Don't Write Tragedies, Just Realities"
(nominated by Megan Hooper)
Kean Award—to the graduating senior judged to be the outstanding English major:
Kelleher Award—cash award given annually to undergraduates who produce the best work in poetry published in BC undergraduate publications:
- First Place: "Storm Season" by Helen Spica (Spring Stylus)
- Second Place: "Atlanta" by Kayti Lahsaiezadeh (Laughing Medusa)
- Third Place: "Folk Medicine" by Bailey Spencer (Fall Stylus)
McCarthy Prize—for best piece of creative writing by a junior or senior:
- First Place: - Kate Iannarone - "Chaser" (excerpt from a novel) Fiction
- Second Place: - David Kunkel - " Wild and Wonderful" Fiction
Randall Award—a gift of books presented in honor and memory of author and BC Professor John Randall to the undergraduate writer of the best essay in the field of American literature and culture:
- Jennifer Horwitz - First Place
- Melanie Courtemanche - honorable mention