Hello, if I have not already met you, I am Sally C. Wyman, the Chemistry Librarian at Boston College. I am often in Merkert, at least weekly during office hours. I am also happy to meet with you at other times in Merkert. I’m here to help in any way that I can with your information needs, and I do that through:
- Reference Help: Contact me by phone or email, or when I’m just walking down the hall. I can help with such questions as:
- Finding property data
- Search tips for making the best use of SciFinder, Reaxys and the Cambridge Structure Database, amongst a host of other useful databases
- Problems with accessing materials that we have here at BC
- Locating resources not at Boston College
- Setting up literature alerts
- Library Instruction: I often provide library instruction for scheduled classes in Chemistry. These classes may provide broader overviews of various research tools, or they may be very specific sessions focused on a particular tool (SciFinder or Reaxys) or on finding a particular type of data (crystallographic data, for example) depending upon the needs of the class. I also provide sessions for research groups.
- Collection Development: I work closely with Professor Lawrence Scott, the Chemistry Department Library-Faculty Liaison, as well as the rest of the Department, to ensure that the library collections in O’Neill Library are serving the needs of the department. Please contact me if you have book or journal requests.