- Helms, J.E. (2015). Taking action against racism in a post-racism era: The origins and almost demise of an idea. The Counseling Psychologist, 43, 138-145.
- Helms, J.E. (2014). An examination of the evidence in culturally adapted evidence-based or empirically supported intervention. Transcultural Psychiatry, 00, 1-27. Published online prior to the print version. doi: 10.1177/1363461514563642
- Helms, J.E., (2014). A review of White racial identity theory: The sociopolitical implications of studying White racial identity in psychology. In S. Cooper & K. Ratele (Eds.), Proceedings of the 30th International Congress of Psychology (pp. 12-27). London and New York: Psychology Press.
- Helms, J.E., & Mereish, E.H. (2013). How racial-group comparisons create misinformation in depression research: Using racial identity theory to conceptualize health disparities. In L. Gomez & N. Lopez(Eds.), Mapping "Race": Critical Approaches to Health Disparities Research. New Jersey: Rutgers University Press.
- Helms, J.E. & Ford, D.Y., (2012). Testing and Assessing African Americans: "Unbiased" Tests are Still Unfair, The Journal of Negro Education, Summer Issue, 81, 186-189.
- Helms, J.E., (2012). A Legacy of Eugenics Underlies Racial-Group Comparisons in Intelligence Testing. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 5, 176-179.
- Helms, J.E., Nicolas, G., & Green, C.E. (2012). Racism and Ethnoviolence as Trauma: Enhancing Professional and Research Training. Traumatology, 18, 65-74.
- Helms, J.E. (2010). Cultural Bias in Psychological Testing. In I.B. Weiner and W.E. Craighead (Eds.) The Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology, 4th Ed., Vol. 1, 443-445, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
- Jernigan, M.M., Green, C.E., Helms, J.E., Gualdron-Murhib, L.G., & Henze, K. (2010). An Examination of People of Color Supervision Dyads: Racial Identity Matters as Much as Race. Training & Education in Professional Psychology, 4, 62-73.
- Helms, J.E., (2009). Defense of tests prevents objective consideration of validity and fairness. American Psychologist, 64, 283-284.
- Helms, J.E. (2008). A Race Is a Nice Thing to Have: A Guide to Being A White Person or Understanding the White Persons in your life (Second Edition). Hanover, MA: Microtraining Associates.