May 25, 2018
Chestnut Hill Campus
Please note that construction on the Chestnut Hill campus in May may result in some minor disruption to vehicle and pedestrian traffic during our Commencement ceremony. We recommend all guests enter campus on the Beacon Street side of the garage to avoid any confusion.
Make your preparations now to join us in celebrating the Class of 2018!
Only individuals who have completed all degree requirements will be allowed to participate in May Commencement Exercises. The Dean may make an exception if an unforeseen circumstance arises during the exam period and the student must take an Incomplete in a course, with the expectation that the course will be completed within the next 30 days. The student’s official graduation date will be the following December. The student will not receive his/her diploma until their official graduation. In these circumstances, the Administration may not be able to certify the student to sit for the Bar Exam in July.
Our Evite system will allow you to invite your family and friends to the Commencement festivities. Printed invitations will also be available to order through the Law School bookstore.
Pronunciation of Names
Check with the Registrar's Office to ensure that your name is read properly.
Caps and Gowns
- Order your cap and gown online through University Cap and Gown.
- Rental cost of $39 can be paid by cash, check or credit card.
- Distribution of regalia will occur on April 11-12, 10 am-4 pm, in the Career Services Office research library (EW 210).
- University Cap and Gown will also be available the day of Commencement at 9:00 am at the front entrance of Conte Forum.
- Please return your commencement regalia after the ceremony to University Cap and Gown, located at the front entrance of Conte Forum.
Information from Commencement Photos, Inc. is mailed to all graduates. For any questions contact:
- (978) 851-5924
Wednesday, May 23, 1:00-2:00 pm
Alumni House Lawn, Newton Campus
Faculty and staff welcome
Rain location: Stuart House Snack Bar
Commencement Eve Celebration for Family & Friends
Thursday, May 24, 4-6 pm
Law School Mone Courtyard
Reception and awards presentation
Rain location: Stuart House Snack Bar
Friday, May 25, 9:00 am
Parish of St. Ignatius of Loyola, Chestnut Hill Campus
Friday, May 25, 10:30 am
Conte Forum, Boston College’s Chestnut Hill Campus
Friday, May 25, 12:30 pm
Reception to follow the ceremony at Conte Forum
Champagne, soft drinks and light refreshments will be served
LSA Kick-off Event and Field Day
Final softball game
Fun games & food
Red Sox Game
Bell-In-Hand: 1 - 3pm.
Hennessy's: 3 - 4:30.
Tia's: 4:30 - 6pm.
6PM - 7PM
216 Hanover Street, Boston, MA
Black and White Ball
Top of the Hub
8pm - Midnight
A list of hotels offering discounts for BC graduation can be found here.
If you or a family member have mobility restrictions that will require assisted drop-off at the entrance to Conte Forum on Commencement morning, please contact Joan Manna via email or at (617) 552- 4344 before Wednesday, May 24.
Belmont Medical Supply
185 Belmont Street
Belmont, MA 02478
Sullivan's Medical Supply
1 Corinth Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
617-323-0304 (preferred number, leave a message) or 617-325-0013
575 University Avenue
Norwood, MA 02072
800-649-2422 (Customer Service option #1)
- Massachusetts bar certifications will be submitted electronically
- Review bar related online resources on the student CSO GoogleDrive (You must be logged into Google using your BC Law email account)
- Out-of-state bar certifications: submit to Theresa Kachmar in Academic Services for completion, Stuart 308
- For further assistance with bar process and applications generally, visit Academic and Student Services
Official Start and Graduation Dates (For Bar Application)
- Official date of Graduation: Monday, May 21, 2018 (Law School Commencement exercises will occur on May 25)
- Last date of attendance: May 17, 2018
- Official start date: August 24, 2015