In response to the pandemic, Commencement activities previously scheduled for May 22 have also been postponed until a date TBD in October 2020. We will update this website with more details as soon as a final decision is made on future plans to celebrate the Class of 2020. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask for your patience during this trying time.
TBD in October
Chestnut Hill Campus
Join us in celebrating the Class of 2020!
Note: important information for graduating students can also be found here.
Guest Invitations and Seating
There is no limit to the number of guests students may invite to the ceremony. Presentation of an invitation at the door is not necessary. Our Evite system (coming soon) will allow you to invite your family and friends to the Commencement festivities. More formal printed invitations are also available to purchase through the Law School bookstore. Note: Conte Forum is a large facility, and there are no assigned seats.
Pronunciation of Names
Please contact Special Assistant to the Dean, Liz Rosselot, to ensure that your name is read properly.
Caps and Gowns
- All students order their cap and gown online through University Cap and Gown. Limited numbers of regalia will be available at Conte Forum the morning of Commencement.
- With the Commencement cermony being postponed until October, some students have inquired about the possibility of changing their rental into a purchase. Balfour is working out the logistics for a rent to purchase option, and will announce those details soon. In the meantime, you may reach out to Balfour rep firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- We will distribute your caps and gowns the morning of Commencement in Conte Forum. Balfour will be at Conte starting at 7:30 am to distribute them. We will finalize these plans once an October date is confirmed.
- Once we formally announce the rescheduled date for the Fall Commencement, any student who cannot or will not attend that date can request a full cap and gown refund from Balfour. We will communicate the process of requesting a refund once the date is confirmed.
- Please return your commencement regalia after the ceremony to University Cap and Gown, located at the front entrance of Conte Forum. You are responsible for the return of your regalia.
Information from Commencement Photos, Inc. is mailed to all graduates. For any questions contact:
- (978) 851-5924
Friday, May 22, 10:30 am
Conte Forum, Boston College’s Chestnut Hill Campus
Friday, May 22, 12:30 pm
Reception to follow the ceremony at Conte Forum
Champagne, soft drinks and light refreshments will be served
Other events TBD
A list of hotels offering discounts for BC graduation can be found here.
If you or a family member have mobility restrictions that will require assisted drop-off at the entrance to Conte Forum on Commencement morning, please contact Joan Manna via email or at (617) 552- 4344.
Belmont Medical Supply
185 Belmont Street
Belmont, MA 02478
Sullivan's Medical Supply
1 Corinth Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
617-323-0304 (preferred number, leave a message) or 617-325-0013
575 University Avenue
Norwood, MA 02072
800-649-2422 (Customer Service option #1)
- Massachusetts bar certifications will be submitted electronically for all graduates regardless of where the graduate is taking the bar. The SJC requires that Massachusetts law schools file electronically. No paper forms are allowed.
- Review bar related online resources on the student CSO GoogleDrive (You must be logged into Google using your BC Law email account)
- Out-of-state bar certifications: submit to Theresa Kachmar in Academic Services for completion, Stuart suite 308
- For further assistance with bar process and applications generally, contact Nina Farber, Director of Academic Success, located in Academic and Student Services, Stuart suite 308
Official Start and Graduation Dates (For Bar Application)
- Official date of Graduation: Monday, May 18, 2020 (Law School Commencement exercises will occur in October 2020)
- Last date of attendance: May 12, 2020
- Official start date: August 24, 2017