The Boston College Law Review publishes 8 issues annually. The Review publishes a wide range of articles concerning diverse legal issues of national interest.
When to Submit
The Boston College Law Review accepts submissions during two submission seasons annually.
- Beginning February 1, BCLR will accept submissions for publication in our September and November issues of the same year.
- Beginning July 15, BCLR will accept submissions for publication in our January, March, and May issues of the following year.
In both seasons, we will accept submissions until our available publication slots are full. Check Scholastica to see if we are currently accepting submissions.
How to Submit
BCLR strongly prefers submissions via Scholastica and no longer accepts submissions via ExpressO. If you have any questions about the online submission process, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BCLR also accepts electronic and hard copy submissions from those without access to Scholastica. Please refrain from sending duplicate email submissions for articles already submitted via Scholastica. If you submit the same article both electronically and in hard copy, please indicate this in your cover letter and your email.
Please submit the following items along with your article:
- Cover letter that references the article’s title, briefly describes the article, and contains the author’s name, affiliation, and full contact information (including phone number and email address).
- Resume, bio, or brief curriculum vitae.
For electronic submissions, we prefer Microsoft Word format but will also accept documents in WordPerfect or Adobe Acrobat formats. For other formats, please inquire before submitting.
We do not publish articles by law students currently enrolled at other schools. We reserve space for student-authored works in our volumes for our own students’ work.
If your article has received a formal offer of publication from another journal, we will make every effort to comply with a request for expedited review.
Please use Scholastica’s expedited review function for such requests. You may direct any questions regarding an expedited review to email@example.com with the phrase “expedited review” in the subject line.
If you are requesting an expedited review, we require all of the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- The title of your article
- The source of the competing offer(s)
- Your deadline
John Gordon runs the academic journals program at the law school. General review information, reprint requests, or questions regarding article submissions may be directed to John at the following: phone (617) 552-8557; fax (617) 552-4098; email firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about subscriptions and back issues, see our Contact Us section.