The ultimate weekend for BC families
Join us for Parents' Weekend 2015, your opportunity to connect with fellow BC parents and with the educators who are shaping your Eagle's unique BC experience.
You can visit classes with your student; hear from University President William P. Leahy, S.J.; attend open houses hosted by deans and other administrative leaders; and be part of the incredible musical tradition that is Pops on the Heights.
And that's just Friday.
Saturday brings a pregame barbecue before BC takes on Northern Illinois on the football field, and Sunday concludes with an inspirational family liturgy.
Held during the Heights' most beautiful season, Parents' Weekend will inspire you at every turn. Don’t miss out—secure your family’s spot today.
Tickets are limited—Register today for Parents' Weekend!
Want to attend the game on Saturday? Football tickets and game-day parking passes are available for purchase using the promo code PARENTS.
#BCParents—Be sure to post and tag your Parents' Weekend photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for Parents' Weekend? Is it necessary to register for Parents' Weekend?
- To attend Parent' Weekend, all families must register in advance at bc.edu/parentsweekend. Please be sure to include your student in your headcount.
- Is there a deadline for registering?
- Yes. The deadline to register is Thursday, September 24. However, tickets do sell out for the pregame barbecue and Pops on the Heights, so we recommend that you order early. Those who have registered by September 14 will receive a registration packet, complete with maps and parking instructions, by mail prior to Parents' Weekend. Those who have registered after this date can pick up a registration packet at the Welcome Center on Friday, September 25, and should refer to the “Directions and Parking Instructions” that will be posted to the website at that time.
- What is the cost for Parents' Weekend?
- The registration fee for Parents' Weekend is $35 per family. This covers all Parents' Weekend activities, with the exception of Pops on the Heights, the pregame barbecue, and the football game, which are separately ticketed events.
- When will I receive my tickets?
- Registration packets, including tickets for the pregame barbecue, will be sent out after Labor Day. Pops on the Heights tickets will be mailed out in September as well. Tickets for the football game will be mailed out on a rolling basis, depending on when you place your order. Please note that all tickets will be mailed separately.
- Do students typically attend the Pops concert with their families?
- Yes, students typically attend the Pops concert with their families. If your student will be attending, please be sure to order their ticket when you purchase your tickets online so that your family will be seated together. You may purchase additional seats at a later date, but they will not be grouped with those in the original order. To ensure your party sits together, please purchase all tickets at one time.
- When is kickoff time for the football game typically announced?
- Kickoff will be at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
- What time will the pregame barbecue begin?
- The pregame barbecue will begin at 11 a.m. and will end at 12:30 p.m.
- Do I need to purchase tickets for my student to attend Pops/barbecue/football game?
- Yes, students will need their own tickets in order to attend the Pops on the Heights concert and the pregame barbecue. Students with season tickets (Gold Pass) will be guaranteed admittance to sit in the student section at the football game, and there is no need to purchase a ticket for the student unless the family would like to sit together.
- Can my student sit with me for the football game?
- Your student may sit with you only if you buy a ticket for him or her with your ticket order. Most students have season tickets (Gold Pass) and opt to sit in the student section, meeting with their families before and after the game.
- Can we tailgate on campus prior to the football game?
- Those with season ticket football parking permits may tailgate on campus prior to the football game. Otherwise, there will be no outside parking or tailgating permitted on game day.
- Where can I find information about parking?
- Download Parents' Weekend parking details and maps.
Please note that we strongly encourage you to use the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA or the "T") subway system during your Parents' Weekend stay. The Boston College branch of the MBTA's Green Line (the B train) ends at the Boston-Newton boundary on Commonwealth Avenue. Cross the street, walk by St. Ignatius Church, and follow the perimeter road around to campus entrances. If you are planning to stay in Boston, this is a convenient way of getting to campus without needing a car.
For more information about the MBTA and public transportation to Boston College, please visit the MBTA website. Please note that the MBTA is not affiliated with Boston College.
- Download Parents' Weekend parking details and maps.
- When should I make hotel reservations?
- Hotels fill up quickly. We recommend making reservations as soon as you know you are planning to come to campus for Parents' Weekend. Click here for a list of area hotels. Please note that Boston College does not have a Parents' Weekend room block at any hotels.
- Where can I find information about places to eat on campus?
- Boston College Dining Services has its own website, complete with location listings, menus, and hours of operation.
- Where can I find information about places to eat off campus?
- May I bring other family members (i.e., grandparents, younger children) to Parents' Weekend?
- Parents' Weekend is open to all, and your $35 registration fee covers attendance at all non-ticketed events for all family members. Please be sure to provide an estimate of how many will attend when you register, to assist us in our preparations.
- Can I drop off supplies to my student at his or her dorm?
- Supplies may be dropped off on Friday and Sunday during Parents' Weekend. Please notify the gate attendant that you will be dropping off and not parking. Unfortunately, due to game-day parking restrictions, you will not be able to access campus without a valid parking permit on Saturday.
- What is the dress code for Parents' Weekend?
- The dress code is primarily casual. You should dress to be comfortable. Dress for Pops on the Heights and the Sunday Liturgy tends to be a little more formal.
- If I have more questions regarding Parents' Weekend, whom shall I contact?
- Please call the Parents' Weekend Office at 866-237-1120 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When will you announce the date for Parents' Weekend 2016?
- Next year's date is typically announced in early March.
Parents' Weekend Office
Cadigan Alumni Center
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467