Network Connectivity Tools
Tools to help you connect to the BC network.
Cisco AnyConnect VPN Software (Eagle VPN)
This software allows you to connect to the Eagle VPN at BC.
- Download Cisco AnyConnect software: Windows | Mac (BC sign-in required)
Important Mac note: This VPN software does not work on Mac OS X 10.8 computers. If you have a computer with OS X 10.8, please update your Mac operating system. We recommend you get assistance with upgrading. Faculty and staff can contact your TC for assistance. Students can bring their computer to the Walk-In Help Desk in O'Neill 316.
Windows note: Cisco recommends you reinstall AnyConnect VPN on Window computers that have been upgraded from an earlier version to a more recent version (i.e., Windows 8.1 upgrade to 10). For more information, review the AnyConnect VPN release notes.
- Learn how to configure Eagle VPN software. (BC sign-in required)
- Learn more about virtual private networking at BC.
WebDrive for Windows
Software that allows you to map a Windows drive letter to your Personal Web Server (www2.bc.edu) files.
NOTE: The South River WebDrive software is licensed to Boston College under a site license agreement. As part of that agreement, the software must be uninstalled from your computer when you leave BC.
- Download WebDrive for Windows (use the WebDrive Setup Instructions to turn the evaluation version into a fully licensed version)
- WebDrive Setup Instructions - Learn how to turn the evaluation version into a fully licensed version and how to set up WebDrive to access the Personal Web Server (www2.bc.edu).
WebDav for Mac OS X
Mac OS X includes a built-in WebDav application that you can use to connect to the Personal Web Server (www2.bc.edu) as a drive.