Network Connectivity Tools
Tools to help you connect to the BC network.
Cisco AnyConnect VPN Software (Eagle VPN)
This software allows you to connect to the Eagle VPN at BC.
- Download Cisco AnyConnect software: Windows (10 & below) | Mac [High Sierra (10.13.4) & below] (BC sign-in required)
Using High Sierra 10.13 or higher? When installing Cisco AnyConnect software for the first time on a Mac with High Sierra 10.13 or higher, you will get an extension block alert after installation. Learn how to fix this extension block to allow Cisco AnyConnect software to install.
Windows note: Cisco recommends you reinstall AnyConnect VPN on Window computers that have been upgraded from an earlier version to a more recent version (i.e., Windows 8.1 upgrade to 10). For more information, review the AnyConnect VPN release notes.
- Learn how to configure Eagle VPN software. (BC sign-in required)
- Learn more about virtual private networking at BC.
Personal Web Server Software
Software that allows you to map a Windows drive letter to your Personal Web Server (www2.bc.edu) files.
NOTE: The South River WebDrive software is licensed to Boston College under a site license agreement. As part of that agreement, the software must be uninstalled from your computer when you leave BC.
- Download WebDrive for Windows (use the WebDrive Setup Instructions to turn the evaluation version into a fully licensed version)
- WebDrive Setup Instructions - Learn how to turn the evaluation version into a fully licensed version and how to set up WebDrive to access the Personal Web Server (www2.bc.edu).
WebDav for Mac OS X
Mac OS X includes a built-in WebDav application that you can use to connect to the Personal Web Server (www2.bc.edu) as a drive.