Seven strategic directions
- Commit Boston College to becoming the leader in liberal arts education among American universities.
- Develop and implement a student formation program that will be a contemporary model for colleges and universities committed to student formation.
- Identify and support selected research commitments that will achieve excellence and distinction in addressing urgent societal problems.
- Identify and commit targeted resources to selected natural science emphases that will establish Boston College as among the leaders in these areas.
- Build on the strengths and reputations of Boston College professional schools to establish leadership in critical professional areas.
- Become a significant intellectual and cultural crossroads by leveraging Boston College’s international resources and partnerships and its Jesuit and Catholic networks.
- Commit Boston College to becoming the world’s leading Catholic university and theological center.