Retired Faculty Grants
Proposals Awarded for 2016 -2017
A committee appointed by the Executive Committee of the Boston College Association of Retired Faculty reviewed all applications. Projects should be designed to be completed at least by the end of the academic budgetary year following the year of the award. A brief report on the outcome of the funded effort should be prepared and submitted to the President of the Boston College Association of Retired Faculty.
BCARF Grants 2016-2017
• Rosemarie Bodenheimer: Funding to have Gothic German letters transcribed into modern German to write a fictive memoir with the working title Mendelssohn & Co.
• Matilda Bruckner: Travel to Durham UK to attend the colloquium of the Societe Internationale pour l'etude du Theater Medieval.
• Dwayne Carpenter: Travel to Madrid to research "Conversion to and from Judaism in Medieval Spain."
• Vera Lee: Funding to work with a cartoonist in writing a Graphic Novel.
• Jean Mooney: Funding to forward the design and implementation of an after-school "Engineering Club" for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade boys at St. Columbkille's Partnership School.
• Marian Brown St. Onge: Travel to Oxford University for a conference on Biography Beyond Borders re American and European Biography.