All Applicants must submit:
- A completed online application including personal essay. Personal essay must address program of interest.
- A $25 application fee (payable by credit card when completing the application or check or money order payable to Boston College. We will not accept cash payments).
- A copy of your high school transcript including grades from Fall 2016.
- Two letters of recommendations - one from a guidance counselor or principal and one from a high school teacher*
- PSAT, SAT, ACT or other equivalent test scores (unofficial scores are acceptable) for students in Boston College HONORs, Math Experience and Writers in the Making.
- Boston College test code for the SAT/PSAT is 3083.
- If you are a rising junior or international student and have not yet taken these exams, this requirement can be waived. Please contact us if you have any questions.
International Applicant Requirements:
- A TEOFL or IELTs score, if English is your second language.
- Applicants to BCE Honors should have English proficiency demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (English level) score of 577 (written), 90 (IBT), or 6.5 (IELTS).
- The TOEFL code for Boston College is: 3276
- The TOEFL or IELTS score may not be substituted by other standardized test scores such as the PSAT and SAT.
- International students who are studying in the United States at school where instruction in English at the time of their application may request a waiver from the TOEFL requriement. This does not include English Language Learner programs.
International Applicant Visa Requirements:
- International students who intend to enroll in any of the Boston College Honors six-week, credit bearing programs must obtain a student visa through Boston College to be eligible to attend.
- International students who are admitted into the Boston College Honors programs only must submit a completed I-20 request form (this can be submitted after receiving an admissions decision)
Boston College does not issue visas for international students participating in non credit two or three week programs inlcuding the Boston College Challenge, the Business and Leadership Inst., Natural Disasters and Catastrophes, Forensic Science and NECIR.
Writers in the Making:
- One of the two required Letters of recommendation must be from an English teacher specifically addressing creative writing abilities and experience.
- Writing sample of up to 6 pages of fiction or creative nonfiction, or 4-6 poems of up to 6 pages, or a mix of genres up to 6 pages. The applicant’s first and last name should appear in either the header or footer on each page of the writing sample.
- Materials must be uploaded to the online application.
BCE Math Experience:
- One of the two required Letters of Recommendation must be from a Math teacher addressing your ablity and/or experience with writing proofs.
Please note: This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.