All Applicants must submit:
- A completed online application.
- A 500-750 word written personal statement or 2-3 minute video which addresses why you want to attend the BCE program and why you have chosen the particular area of interest.
- A $25 application fee (payable by credit card when completing the application or check or money order payable to Boston College. We will not accept cash payments).
- Boston College Honors and Boston College Math Experience students ONLY: A copy of your high school transcript including grades from Fall 2017. International transcripts must be translated if NOT in English. Try World Education Services (https://www.wes.org/).
- Letter(s) of recommendations - two letters minimum for the BCE Honors and Math Exploration programs. One letter minimum for all other programs. Letter should be from teachers, guidance counselor or anyone in the capable of speaking to your academic skill. Family and friends MAY NOT write recommendation letters.
- PSAT, SAT, ACT or other equivalent test scores (unofficial scores are acceptable) for students in Boston College Honors, and Math Exploration programs. Boston College test code for the SAT/PSAT is 3083.
- If you are a rising junior or international student and have not yet taken these exams, this requirement can be waived. Please contact us if you have any questions.
International Applicant Requirements:
- A TEOFL or IELTs score, if English is your second language for all but the English Language Institute.
International students who have in the past have studied, or are currently studying, for at least two years, at a school where the primary lanaguage of instruction in in English may request a waiver from the TOEFL requriement. The school transcript must clearly provide proo that English is the primary language of instruction.
- Applicants to all but the English Language Immersion Program should have English proficiency demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (English level) score of 577 (written), 100 (computer) 90 (IBT), or 6.5 (IELTS).
- The TOEFL code for Boston College is: 3276
- The TOEFL or IELTS score may not be substituted by other standardized test scores such as the PSAT and SAT.
- International students who are studying in the United States at school where instruction in English at the time of their application may request a waiver from the TOEFL requriement. This does not include English Language Learner programs.
- Applicants to the English Language Immersion Program may be asked to submit TOEFL scores based on their English level skills. This will be determined after a review of their applications. TOEFL scores for the ELL program will range from 45-65 on the iBT.
International Applicant Visa Requirements:
- International students who intend to enroll in any of the Boston College Honors six-week, credit bearing programs must obtain a student visa through Boston College to be eligible to attend.
- International students who are admitted into the Boston College Honors programs only must submit a completed I-20 request form (this can be submitted after receiving an admissions decision)
Boston College does not issue visas for international students participating in non credit two or three week programs.
- BCE Math Exploration: One of the two required Letters of Recommendation must be from a Math teacher addressing your ablity and/or experience with writing proofs.
Please note: This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.