Requirements and Program Costs
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning in February and are due by April 15, 2015. Applications may be considered after this date if spaces are still available in the program.
We encourage all students to apply early for best consideration.
Please review the application requirements, instructions, and program costs listed below.
All Applicants must submit
- A completed online application
- A $25 application fee (check or money order payable to Boston College. We will not accept cash payments)
- A copy of your high school transcript including grades from Fall 2014
- Two letters of recommendation - one from a guidance counselor or principal and one from a high school teacher (if you are applying for Writers in the Making or BC Math Experience, your teacher recommendation must be from an English or math teacher)
- PSAT, SAT, ACT or other equivalent test scores (unofficial scores are acceptable). Please contact us if you have not yet taken these exams.
*Please note that the "Writers in the Making" concentration requires a writing sample in addition to the BCE application.
International applicants requiring a visa must submit:
- A completed I-20 form
- A notarized statement from your bank indicating that $8,000 US dollars is available to the student while attending the Boston College Experience program
- A TEOFL score, if English is your second language. If you have not taken the TOEFL, please email email@example.com for further instructions on how to apply
Applications are available in December and are due by April 15th. Applications may still be considered on a space available basis after this date. Beginning in February, the Boston College Experience staff will review applications and will accept students on a rolling basis.
The non-refundable $25 application fee should be sent as a check or money order payable to 'Boston College'.
Students accepted into the Boston College Experience must submit a signed registration and participation form along with a non-refundable $500 deposit. Students will not be registered for courses until these forms and the deposit are received.
This six-week program will cost approximately $7000 which includes tuition, room, board, and program fees. Students may want to bring money for personal expenses but program activities and travel expenses are paid for by the program fee.
Approximate costs are outlined below. All prices are subject to change and final prices will be set in the spring.
Residential student (residents must enroll in two courses) - $7000
Commuter student enrolled in two courses - $5600
Commuter student enrolled in one course - $3500
Residential student enrolled in biology courses - $9000*
Commuter student enrolled in biology courses - $7600*
*Biology students must take both biology courses and the associated labs. These prices reflect the additional tuition for two credit hours of laboratory work and lab fees that cover the supplies used in these labs.