Mary, the Mother of Jesus
This course explores three key events in the life of Mary, the Mother of Jesus: the Annunciation, the Visitation, and, the proclamation of the Canticle of Mary. Delve more deeply into the Biblical sources, reflect on each event, and take the opportunity to live out the Gospel message.
This course has a required text: Catherine Upchurch. Mary, Favored of God. Little Rock Scripture Study, 2016
Week 1: Annunciation
Week 2: Visitation
Week 3: the Canticle of Mary
This course includes:
- Weekly introductions to each new topic;
- Three video segments of Mary Christine Athans B.V.M.’s presentation “In Quest of the Jewish Mary” along with access to the unedited presentation;
- Transcripts of the three video segments and the unedited presentation;
- Weekly questions for reflection and discussion; and
- A regularly updated Resources page for further study of topics discussed in this course.
All Crossroads courses include these features:
- Participants have access 24 hours/ 7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- Site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
Additional Materials Needed:
Catherine Upchurch. Mary, Favored of God. Little Rock Scripture Study, 2016.
A participant can expect to spend an average of 3-4 hours each week. This commitment includes both preparation and interaction online.
Catherine Upchurch; Mary Christine Athans, B.V.M.