Vicariate Catechetical Ministry Coordinator for Vicariate II and Elementary and Family Catechesis
Archdiocese of Chicago
Job ID: 388391
Position Title: VICARIATE CATECHETICAL MINISTRY COORDINATOR for VICARIATE II AND ELEMENTARY AND FAMILY CATECHESIS
Company Name: Office for Catechesis and Youth ministry (Archdiocese of Chicago)
Location(s): Chicago, Illinois, 60653, United States
Job Function: Diocesan Catechetical Staff Openings
Entry Level: No
Job Type: Full-time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Master's Degree
Min Experience: 2-3 Years
Required Travel: 10-25%
Posted: June 19, 2013
The Vicariate Catechetical Coordinator assists the Archdiocesan Director of Catechesis and Youth Ministry in assessment and evaluation of parish catechesis for adults, youth, children and families with attention to multi-cultural diversity in his/her respective vicariate. The VCMC directs catechetical leaders in pursuit of professional development leading to approval and certification; implements the catechist formation plan; and monitors the implementation of Archdiocesan policies and procedures. As Coordinator of Adult Faith Formation, he/she develops and implements a comprehensive process for Adult Faith Formation in the Archdiocese.
- Works to fulfill the goals and objectives of life-long catechesis, in collaboration with the other members of the OFCYM Staff.
- Assists vicariate parishes in the recruitment, hiring, evaluation, retention and development of parish catechetical leaders and catechists.
- Meets regularly with parish catechetical leaders for support, networking, enrichment and communication of Archdiocesan plans, policies and events.
- Works with parish catechetical leaders in pursuit of approval and certification according to the Certification Standards for Catechetical Leaders as approved by the USCCB-CCA.
- Ensures that catechist formation in the various languages, as needed, is adequately provided in the vicariate.
- Provides training and resources for parent and family catechesis, including pre-baptismal workshops, home catechesis, intergenerational catechesis, and other models.
- Provides training in the Archdiocesan Elementary Catechetical Curriculum.
- Updates sacramental guidelines and policies for grade level catechesis.
Practicing Catholic and active member of a parish community
Masters Degree in Religious Education, related field or the equivalent
3 years’ experience catechetical leadership or adult faith formation
Excellent verbal communication, writing and editing skills
Teaching and group facilitation skills
Significant organizational, administrative, program planning and development, and marketing skills
Excellent computer skills in working in a network environment using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized, able to multi-task and plan ministry events with others in a shared workspace Has cultural awareness and sensitivity and is able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual setting
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, and ability to travel in one’s own vehicle to various archdiocesan locations
Frequent, prolonged use of computer, driving moderate distances, some lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds
Familiarity with educational theory and systems in multi-cultural settings
Familiarity with Spanish, Polish or Asian languages
Contact Person: Kristen Hempstead McGann
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply URL: http://www.catechesis-chicago.org
See more at: http://careers.naspa.com/jobseeker/job/9388391/VICARIATE%20CATECHETICAL%20MINISTRY%20COORDINATOR/%20for%20VICARIATE%20II%20AND%20ELEMENTARY%20AND/%20FAMILY%20CATECHESIS/Office%20for%20Catechesis%20/and%20Youth%20ministry%20(Archdiocese%20of%20Chicago)/?vnet=0&str=7601&max=100#sthash.l2jTIKd9.dpuf