Director/Coordinator/Facilitator of Faith Formation
St. Pius V Parish
Summary: The full-time Director/Coordinator/Facilitator organizes the parish’s faith formation programs for adults, and parish children not enrolled in the parish school.
- Develop and coordinate adult faith formation programs and activities.
- Develop an Adult Faith Formation Committee to assist with coordinating adult faith formation programs and activities.
- Coordinate the R.C.I.A. and R.C.I.C. programs, in collaboration with the parish staff.
- Provide for all the organizational details (i.e. enrollment, recruitment/training of catechists, ordering of materials, etc.) for the religious education program for parish children not enrolled in the parish school.
- Maintain accurate records and files, including attendance, permanent student records, and sacramental records.
- Implement diocesan adult volunteer Safe Environment Training mandate and Circle of Grace curriculum for children and maintain record keeping for audit.
- Attend Pastoral Council meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as directed by Pastor.
- Prepare and administer the operating budget of the faith formation programs.
- Act as a liaison between the parish and the diocesan Office of Religious Education.
- Support grade 1 through 8 catechists with curricula and lesson plan assistance.
- Plan annual retreats for sacramental preparation classes to include both parents and children.
- Collaborate with the school staff on joint enrichment programs for both parish and school children (i.e. St. Nicholas Breakfast).
- Plan and implement, in collaboration with the school, sacramental preparation and celebrations for First Reconciliation (2nd grade), First Holy Communion (2nd grade), and Confirmation (8th grade).
- Develop formation meetings for religious education families of students in grades 1 – 8.
- Maintain the faith formation website.
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Religious Studies, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working or volunteering for a Catholic entity.
- Practicing Catholic willing to support the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with a focus on service to others.
Salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience. Please send a cover letter, résumé, and three professional references to Fr. Augustine Judd, O.P., Pastor, St. Pius V Church, 55 Elmhurst Avenue, Providence, RI 02908 by August 2, 2013.