College of William and Mary
The Catholic Diocese of Richmond has an opening for a Campus Minister, supporting the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, VA. The campus minister is responsible for ministry to the Catholic students, faculty, staff and administration of the College of William and Mary.
Previous experience in campus ministry and a masters degree in pastoral studies or theology or a related field is preferred.
Skills required for this position include but are not limited to:
• Having a solid understanding of Roman Catholic Teaching, Church History, and an ongoing commitment to theological reflection and education.
• Working knowledge of essential Church documents including Evangelii Nuntiandi, Redemptoris Missio, Catechesi Tradendae, Evangelii Gaudium, Disciples Called to Witness, Renewing the Vision, Sons & Daughters of Light. This individual will also seek to apply critical aspects of the New Evangelization to their ministry.
• The ability to discern the needs of the campus community and to call forth and coordinate the diverse gifts of the community in a variety of ways.
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in using pastoral counselling skills
• Ability to organize, facilitate, administer and share responsibility and decision-making with other campus ministers in the diocese, with those in an ecumenical, interfaith and multi-cultural environment and with other college and university professionals.
• Strength in developing and sustaining effective professional relationships.
This is a full-time (minimum of 35 hours per week), exempt professional ministry position. Night and weekend work is necessary primarily during the academic year. The position also requires travel to campus ministers' meetings and other diocesan events, reimbursable through the approved budget. The Campus Minister will work regularly with the Diocesan Director of the Office for Evangelization, the Pastor of Saint Bede Catholic Church, faculty, staff and students of the College of William and Mary as well as other Diocesan Campus Ministers.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and diocesan application to:
Recruiting & Training Manager, Catholic Diocese of Richmond
7800 Carousel Lane, Richmond, VA 23294-4201
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 804-358-9159