Chaplain for Ministry Hospice
Ministry Home Care
We are seeking a Board-Certified Chaplain to provide spiritual care to patients in their homes and be a strong presence for our patients. Join an experienced multidisciplinary team of professionals and contribute to our mission to further the healing ministry of Jesus by continually improving the health and well being of all people, especially the poor, in the communities we serve. This Hospice Chaplain position will work 20 hours per week in this role, and this is a benefit eligible position.
You will be working in collaboration with our full-time chaplain in Stevens Point, Wisconsin to deliver quality service to our hospice patients. The majority of your position will involve counseling our patients and their family members. You will provide support as families make tough decisions regarding their loved one's hospice care; you will also aid patients in coming to terms with their progressive illnesses and the anger and feelings of loss that their family members are experiencing.
Services offered include prayer, presence, baptism (in emergency situations), sacramental needs, Anointing the Sick, and providing referrals to clerics of all religions.
As a faith-based hospital system, our mission and values are perpetuated through our chaplains and the service they provide not only to our patient but also to our other associates on staff. Chaplaincy within Ministry Health Care began through the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother over 125 years ago and continues to be important in our continued tradition yet today.
Spiritual Services Professionals at Ministry Health Care will:
- Work with a multi-disciplinary staff of health care professionals
- Provide spiritual and emotional need of patients and family members
- Provide Spiritual Services in our facilities
Ministry Health Care really focuses on community involvement, so we are looking for an individual who has that same mindset. We want this individual to relate well to the clergy in the Wausau area community, allowing us to serve our community even better.
If you feel the desire to make a real difference in the lives of our hospice patients and their families, please consider becoming part of our team today!
- At least a Master's degree in a theological, ministerial or related field from an accredited college, university or seminary.
- Must have completed four quarters of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) in an accredited educational program.
- Two to five years of general ministerial experience and at least one year of hospital/health care Chaplain experience, preferred.
- Certification by either the National Association of Catholic Chaplains or Association of Professional Chaplains (or similar) is required.
- Current Wisconsin Driver's License and proof of auto insurance is required.
Normal Weekly Hours - 20 (Part-time)