Sacramental Preparation Coordinator
St. Luke Parish
The Sacramental Preparation Coordinator provides coordination of and support for all sacramental preparation programs for the parishes of Saint Joseph and Saint Luke, including preparation for the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, Confirmation, and Marriage. As an active member of the pastoral service team, the Sacramental Preparation Coordinator works to ensure that sacramental preparation programs are run smoothly, efficiently, and professionally, supporting the team's efforts to view sacramental preparation as an opportunity for evangelization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1) General duties
• Offer a spirit of genuine hospitality to all participants in sacramental preparation programs
• Develop and maintain lists and contact information for participants in all sacramental preparation programs
• Record sacramental celebrations in sacramental registers, and, in the case of confirmed students, notify the church of their baptism
• Participate as an active member of the pastoral service team: attend pastoral service team meetings and contribute to team projects
• Interact in a positive and professional manner with all team members, parishioners, and guests of the collaborative
2) For Reconciliation and Eucharist
• Handle all aspects of registration for sacramental preparation for Reconciliation and Eucharist, including keeping track of registrations, fees, baptismal records, sign-ups for various workshop options, etc.
• Provide logistical support for sacramental preparation workshops for Reconciliation and Eucharist
• Provide logistical support for the celebration of the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist, including sign-ups for different dates, reminder notices, communication with parents, worship aids as needed, etc.
3) For Confirmation
• Handle all aspects of registration for sacramental preparation for Confirmation, including keeping track of registrations, fees, baptismal records, sign-ups for retreat, small groups, etc.
• Provide logistical support for small groups as preparation for sacrament of Confirmation
• Provide logistical support for Confirmation retreat, including sign-ups, preparing materials, etc.
• Provide logistical support for the celebration of the sacrament of Confirmation, including paperwork, communicating with parents, rehearsal, worship aid, etc.
4) For Baptism and Marriage
• Provide logistical support for sacramental preparation for Baptism as needed, including preparing materials for prep sessions
• Provide logistical support for sacramental preparation for Marriage as needed, including wedding rehearsals
• Provide logistical support for follow-up outreach to baptismal families and newly married couples
• Bachelor's or associate's degree preferred.
• Relevant experience in Catholic parish life.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, including good time-management skills, the ability to prioritize, and the ability to work independently and be responsible for one's own work.
• Excellent relationship-building skills, with a focus on service to others.
• Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment.
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
• Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church.