Coordinator of Faith Formation of Youth and Young Adults
Roman Cathoic Archdiocese of Boston
This position assists the Director in overseeing and supporting the mission of the Faith Formation of Youth & Young Adults ministry area in the Office of Lifelong Faith Formation & Parish Support. The mission is to train and support parish leaders who seek to form disciples of Jesus Christ and His Church, through a unified vision for ministry to young people, from early adolescence through young adulthood.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists and advises the Director in the overall mission of the Faith Formation of Youth and Young Adult ministry area.
• Trains and supports parish leaders who seek to create a unified vision for ministry to young people, from early adolescence through young adulthood.
• Leads, supports and directs team members in their respective roles within the office's mission. This includes but is not limited to the following:
o Ongoing support, mentoring and training for those who serve young people
o Programming for youth, young adults and families
• Assumes responsibility for specific administrative duties; this includes staff supervision, planning, budgeting, quality assurance and reports.
• Develops and sustains collaborative relationships with Bishops, Pastors, RCAB leaders, Pastoral Team members and others who work with and for youth and young adults.
• Envisions, strategizes, directs and implements programs, services and projects, in collaboration with team member(s), and/or other offices and/or agencies.
• Represents the Cardinal Archbishop of Boston in matters related to youth and young adult ministry.
• Develop and maintain faith formation of youth and young adult information on www.bostoncatholic.org, the Secretariat website and on social networks in collaboration with the Creative Production Specialist.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• A Catholic in good standing, who understands and supports the mission of the Church and of the Archdiocese of Boston
• A willingness to be a leader in the Evangelization effort of the Church, including being a witness to one's own relationship with Christ
• Masters degree in Theology preferred; Bachelors degree in Theology required.
• Minimum of 6 years ministry to youth and/or young adults, including significant experience in adolescent development, catechesis, and formation.
• Ability to teach, train and mentor adult and young adult leaders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Available for nights, weekends, and overnights, including travel outside of the Boston area when required.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office and other modern technologies, including basic web management
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail, social networking and/or telephone.
• Strong service orientation.
• Bilingual is a plus.
Please submit cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org