Saint Joseph Preparatory High School
The President functions as the Spiritual Leader of the Prep as well as Chief Executive Officer, having overall responsibility for the management of the school. The successful candidate would lead the religious and spiritual formation of the school as well as the school's administrative, development, financial and educational programs and functions.
• Understand, appreciate and implement the principles of Jesuit education as set forth in Jesuit secondary school literature and the documents of the Jesuit Secondary Education Association.
• Provide visionary and strategic leadership to the organization and, in consult with the Leadership Council, translate that vision into strategies and concrete actions that advance the mission.
• Communicate the mission of the Prep to key audiences and develop and maintain sound relationships with strategically important people and the media; serve as a spokesperson for the organization.
• Create a strong community of educators through close collaboration with faculty, staff and administrators.
• Provide leadership and involvement in the resource development functions, partner with the Chief Development Officer to foster positive relationships with donors and expand the network of major donors, and continue to develop new funding relationships and increasing connections with alumni.
• Partner with the CFO to maintain a continuous understanding of the organization's financial position and outlook to ensure fiscal responsibility and security.
• Provide leadership in facilitating an integrated approach to all phases of long range planning-enrollment, development, public relations, academic, finance and facility.
• Support the Board of Trustees in its governance role, foster its ongoing development and keep it informed about internal conditions and important external developments.
• Nurture a sense of trust among various constituencies, all dedicated to the mission of the Prep.
• Further enhance the school campus facilities through property acquisition and development and renovation.
• Capitalize on the urban location of the campus for learning opportunities and community service and relations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Proven leadership abilities, commitment to academic excellence and cultural competence to bridge racial and socioeconomic divides.
• Strategic and visionary thinking and willingness to take calculated risks with courage and prudence.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven ability to network across diverse groups of stakeholders.
• A Charismatic and energetic fundraising presence with a successful track record in fund development including philanthropic support, individual and corporate donors and the ability to identify new revenue streams.
• Commitment to and skill at community engagement, shared leadership and collaboration.
• Results orientation with an ability to motivate and inspire individuals and groups to accomplish goals.
• Agile, insightful, flexible leadership style and comfort with managing from ambiguity to clarity.
• Practicing Roman Catholic.
• Ability to develop young men as college preparatory students.
• A visible, accessible presence.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and comfort interacting with the media.
• Secondary teaching experience and successful experience leading a secondary school strongly preferred.
• Master's degree in related field required.
Strategic planning and execution
Leadership and collaboration
Fund raising skills
Managing vision and purpose
Planning, managing and measuring
In order to be considered for an interview, please submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or mail to:
Joseph Dougherty, Director of Human Resources
Saint Joseph's Preparatory School
1733 West Girard Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Deadline for applications: July 8, 2014
For information on our mission and characteristics of the school please visit our website at: www.sjprep.org.