North Andover, MA
Merrimack College is seeking candidates for the position of Campus Minister. This minister will focus on spirituality and development of our students by engaging in various forms of ministry.
Responsibilities: Job responsibilities would include but not limited to, Sacramental preparation, retreats, chaplaincy opportunities, Liturgy and service as well as other duties as assigned.
Retreats and Spiritual Enrichment Programming:
- Plan, execute, and evaluate the campus retreat programs (including M.O.R.E Merrimack Outreach Retreat Experience) for students
- Supervise the MORE Council: including regular meetings, budget preparation, leadership training, and faith and spirituality growth
- Supervise the MORE Council and student leaders in defining, acting on, and evaluating the vision, goals, and objectives of the retreat Program
- Promote, supervise and offer team formation for the Freshman retreat
- Expand other retreat opportunities for the campus community, most notably investigating retreat possibilities for other class retreats for students
- Create and utilize a creative model for RCIA including engagement in reflection on scripture and a possible syllabus for those interested in entering fully into the Catholic Church
- Recruit for, prepare and supervise the reception of the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation
Liturgical life and Service:
- Assist in campus ministry programs, activities (e.g. service projects, Alternative Break trips and liturgy preparation as appropriate)
- Execute, train, and recruit Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers
- Provide and assist presiders in new and vibrant liturgical celebrations for students
Other Ministry Opportunities:
- Invest in the life of the college community through support of student events and activities, college wide committees, as appropriate
- Oversee and implement the RENEW program for students and faculty
- Participate in Sunday Worship on campus
Social Justice Coalition:
- Working with academics - Social Justice Week, Social Justice Coalition, and assisting in Sweeps week.
Qualifications: A master’s degree in theology is required, but a M.Div. or D.Min. is preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to Fr. Keith Hollis, OSA, Director of Campus Ministry, Merrimack College, 315 Turnpike Street, North Andover, MA 01845.
Contact Email Address: