Matignon High School is a co-educational, independent Catholic high school committed to teaching and promoting the message of Jesus Christ, academic excellence, respect for one’s self and others, and service to church and community. As a college preparatory school serving a diverse student population, Matignon High School is dedicated to educating the whole person spiritually, academically, and socially so as to inspire compassionate and confident advocates for the greater good.
We are seeking a full time Campus Minister who has a passion for working with high school students in a diverse community.
The Campus Minister is responsible for the ministerial leadership of the school, coordinating programs and activities for students, faculty, and staff which promote spiritual growth. This person reports directly to the school Principal and is expected to collaborate closely with the Theology Department and Chairperson.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Schedule and plan all monthly school liturgies and prayer services.
- Work with the choir director to select liturgical music.
- Obtain ministers and provide formation and education for students who wish to serve as liturgical ministers (readers, Eucharistic ministers, acolytes, etc.)
- Publicize liturgical and service activities and facilitate participation.
- Collaborate with the Theology Department to organize, develop, and implement retreats for all students and staff.
- Train a team of student leaders to assist in implementing the retreat program and other school liturgical events.
- Regularly attend workshops, professional development, and conferences in order to remain current on the various facets of campus ministry.
- Plan, implement, and oversee the student community service program as well as create service opportunities throughout the academic year.
- Act as a liaison between local agencies seeking volunteers and students looking to complete service hours.
- Coordinate annual on-campus charitable drives (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Lent, etc)
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of the school’s mission and Christian identity.
- Commit to personal, professional, and spiritual growth for self and others.
- Master of Theological Studies, Master of Divinity, MA in Theology and Ministry, MA in Pastoral Ministry, or equivalent
- Campus ministry experience preferred
- Previous work with high school students preferred