Intern-in-Service for the Catholic Student Center
(Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis until July 15)
The Intern-in-Service program at the Catholic Student Center at Washington University is a volunteer campus ministry initiative geared towards recent college graduates who seek not only to grow personally and spiritually, but also to form students intellectually, morally, socially, and spiritually.
By helping with programming, Masses, and various responsibilities at the CSC, interns will welcome all students and empower student leaders wherever possible. Interns provide a hospitable presence--both on campus and at the CSC--and help students connect life and faith in tangible ways. Through spiritual direction, formation with Fr. Gary and Troy, and one-on-one supervision, interns discern the next step in their life journey and learn how to become active participants in parish life and moral leaders in their careers.
- High level of intuition and intelligence to relate and connect with the students at the #11 university in the country; a four-year college degree is necessary.
- High level of enthusiasm and passion for the liturgy.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and writing skills; professional, speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations (conflict resolution); listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; is tactful and treats others with respect; values departmental teamwork.
- Be able to work with all backgrounds, cultures, and levels of faith/religion. Also be able to be extremely flexible and consistent with the Director (Fr. Gary) and all priests who say Mass here.
- Work quality and dependability; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; follows instructions; ability to consistently meet deadlines; welcomes and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Be able to challenge students to grow—socially, spiritually, intellectually, and morally. Includes the ability to offer constructive feedback to all types of people.
- Good at initiating on all levels (people, projects, etc.)
- Scheduling flexibility that allows working almost every Sunday, several evenings every week, and occasional weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrates highest level of professional and ethical conduct.
- Adheres to all health and safety policies/procedures.
- Computer Proficiency - Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to go up and down stairs, walk extensively on campus (fairly active), and drive
- Willingness to relocate
In order to apply for the internship please go to our website at http://www.washucsc.org/involvement/internships/ where you can find out more information and download the application. Contact Troy Woytek at email@example.com, 314-935-9191, ext.222, for questions.