Coordinator of Liturgy
The Coordinator of Liturgy for Campus Ministry/St. John's Parish at Creighton University reports to the Director of Campus Ministry and the Pastor of St. John’s Parish. The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree (minimum degree; a master’s degree is desirable) in Pastoral Ministry, Liturgy, Theology, Divinity, or related field, and experience working as a coordinator of liturgy in a Catholic setting. Candidate must have a thorough working knowledge of Catholic liturgy. Understanding of Ignatian Spirituality and Jesuit education is preferred. The Coordinator of Liturgy:
• Is responsible for planning, organizing, and overseeing our University and St. John’s parish liturgies, including Mass of the Holy Spirit, Fall and Spring Baccalaureate Masses, Welcome and Founders’ Week masses, the Interfaith Prayer Service and all daily and weekend liturgies, in addition to special memorial and other occasional prayer services.
• Is an integral member of the Campus Ministry staff and collaborates with the Liturgy Team and parish staff in the position.
• Keeps current minister and presider schedules and makes these available online through the St. John’s and Campus Ministry web sites.
• Recruits and trains lectors, Eucharistic ministers, liturgical assistants, sacristans and other pastoral ministers for their roles in University and parish liturgies.
• Provides for ongoing formation for all liturgical ministers.
• Provides for periodic feedback and evaluation of the quality of liturgies at Creighton/St. John’s.
• Collaborates with the pastor of St. John’s, the Director of Music Ministry, and a Liturgy Team.
• Represents Campus Ministry and St. John’s at all-University planning meetings for liturgical worship.
• Meets weekly to co-facilitate a student-centered Sunday reading reflection group.
• Other duties as specified.
Please apply online at Creighton University’s Human Resources Careers website: