Catholic Memorial High School
West Roxbury, MA
A Catholic Memorial faculty member is knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles and mission of Catholic education and the Christian Brothers. He or she must give witness to Catholic values in his/her personal and professional life.
The school is looking for an experienced and skilled secondary school educator who has a passion about Theology. Experience and skills in curriculum development, classroom management, and pedagogy are a must. Candidates must possess strong communication, decision-making, and the ability to form relationships that inspire students to learn and believe in their innate abilities. Faculty members must have sufficient energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to excel in this fast-paced school setting. Value is placed on a faculty member with the desire and skill to use best practices in educating boys.
Catholic Memorial encourages faculty members to engage in the larger school community by overseeing clubs and activities, attending school retreats, leading solidarity and immersion trips, and coaching athletic teams. Faculty members are encouraged to engage in all aspects of the school community.
Specific Job Responsibilities
• Teach five sections of Theology
• Oversee and manage a daily homeroom
• Guide and mentor young men in their academic, social, spiritual, and social dimensions of their life
• A bachelor's degree required; Masters degree in an academic subject area preferred
• Minimum of two years of professional experience in a middle or secondary school setting preferred
• A thoughtful and dedicated classroom teacher with strong a pedagogical philosophy that intentionally guides all educational endeavors.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team; time management and the ability to execute are essential.
• A commitment to diversity in leadership and practice.
• A commitment to work within a Catholic School setting.