Catholic Community Connection
The President is responsible for the continuous administration of Catholic Community Connection subject to the Executive Committee's and Board's guidelines and instructions.
The purpose of this position is to support the development of relationships among Catholic Charities Health and Human Services (CCHHS), Sisters of Charity Health System (SCHS), the various member organizations providing faith-based health care, and residential and community services to older adults, and the Catholic Colleges and Universities in the Diocese of Cleveland that will encourage these organizations to create an integrated system of Catholic health, social and educational services that meet its respective mission goals in as a financially responsible way as possible.
The President will be managed by the Chair and the Executive Committee and Board with the Chair forming the link, and enabling the Executive Committee/Board to fulfill their functions and to ensure that they receive appropriate advice and information on all relevant matters.
The President will work closely with the Members to ensure his/her continued capacity to represent the vision of each of the Members' organizations, as well as the overall Mission and Values of Catholic Community Connection.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides strong corporate leadership by recommending strategy and vision with the Board and Members.
- Has the overall responsibility for the effective management of the organization. Establishes annual goals and objectives in collaboration with the Board and Staff, and identifies outcomes to be achieved.
- Has the overall responsibility to ensure that Catholic Community Connection maintains and raises its profile in the community and that it fulfills its mission to remove the historical boundaries among Catholic health care, Catholic Charities' social services, and Catholic higher education in order to influence these systems in such a way as to provide an integrated continuum of care that meets the entire spectrum of human, health, educational, social, and service needs in a high-quality, low cost, easy-to-access manner and that does so in such a way as to not compromise our commitment to making, whenever possible, a preferential option for the poor.
- Develops collaborative initiatives through relationship building, advocacy education, facilitation of networks and development of best practices, especially in areas delivering health, social, and educational services.
- Ensures that Catholic Community Connection uses its human, material and financial resources to make progress in the achievement of its mission goals and objectives by managing the resources effectively. He/she is also responsible for fund development that will maintain th
The ideal candidate should match the following profile as well as possible:
- Experience in providing clear vision, leadership and developing strategy, especially in a Catholic environment;
- Extensive experience at senior management level in complex, multi agency environments in health care, social services and education;
- Experience of and success in managing major change within a complex environment and of motivating, developing and supporting staff through that process;
- Experience of developing and effecting significant improvements in organization and management in a challenging environment;
- Experience of financial management including budget formulation and financial monitoring/control;
- Experience of prioritizing and targeting resources to meet a multiplicity of competing demands;
- Preferably Masters degree or equivalent professional experience in healthcare, human services and/or education.
- Commitment to the social mission of the Church.
- Ability to develop and present a vision and exercise strong leadership skills
- Ability to apply creative and lateral thinking to complex problems and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to present to diverse audiences and represent the Catholic Community Connection positively in diverse forums
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate others
- Ability to sustain and improve staff morale and foster staff development and empowerment.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and co-operate with a wide range of people of different backgrounds and viewpoints.
- Ability to articulate Catholic Social Teaching.