High School Campus Minister
St John's Prep
St. John’s Prep is a Catholic, Xaverian Brothers sponsored school for boys in grades 6 through 12. Campus Ministers serve the Prep community as the pastoral staff of the school, and embody a model of team ministry. The High School Campus Ministry team consists of three campus ministers and the Director of Campus Ministry. Campus ministers are currently expected to teach one (1) course.
The team is given the mandate to develop a vibrant and worshipping faith
community that meets the faith development needs of adolescent boys. The team
enjoys a dedicated Campus Ministry Center and active support from the School
leadership and members of the faculty and staff. The team offers programs and
initiatives in the areas of sacramental worship, retreats, social justice, service
immersion programs, and an active ministry presence in all areas of school life.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience in youth ministry and/or campus ministry
• Academic background in theology or religious studies
• Deep understanding of and respect for the Catholic faith tradition
• Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekend
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Creativity, imagination and a sense of humor
A full description of the current Campus Ministry program is available on our
website at www.stjohnsprep.org/campusministry.
St. John’s offers a wide range of co-curricular, intramural and interscholastic
programs. For more information about our academic, spiritual and student life
programs, please visit our website at www.stjohnsprep.org.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, résumé, and academic
transcripts to Tracii Schaeublin, Director of Human Resources, at
email@example.com by June 27, 2014.