Director of Campus Ministry
Alegent Creighton University
Des Moines, IA
The purpose of this position is to provide spiritual support to all members of the College community and to administer campus ministry needs.. In addition, the incumbent will teach academic courses in the School of Liberal Arts and Science and supervise the onsite Living and Learning Community.
The incumbent will be asked to live at Mercy Court, 921 6th Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309.
- Advances the Catholic Church's mission of higher education within the institution, while fostering the chasm of the Sisters of Mercy with special attention to the Ex Corde Eccelesiae and Empowered by the Spirit.
- Assists students with the application of spiritual values and faith development. Provides pastoral counseling and spiritual direction as needed.
- Develops, supervises and supports a living and learning community with students living at Mercy Court.
- Develops and offers a variety of inclusive ecumenical and interfaith activities to address the needs of a diverse campus population, including online learners.
- Provides teaching, supervision and evaluation of student learning experiences in courses such as servant leadership, scripture or religious studies.
- Provides individual advisement and guidance for intellectual and professional development of students.
- Collaborates with other faculty and clinical agencies to provide optimum learning opportunities for students.
- Develops, implements and revises course content in a limited area.
- Master's degree in ministry, scripture, theology or religious studies.
- Demonstrated ability to teach in higher education.
- Active Roman Catholic.
- Three years experience with non-traditional young adult ministry.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues in Catholic higher education.