The following are references cited by the presenters.
- “Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy.” In Austin Flannery, O.P., Gen. Ed., Vatican Council II: The Conciliar and Post Conciliar Documents, Vol. I, paragraph 56, p. 19. Northport, NY: Costello Publishing Company, 1998.
- “General Instruction of the Roman Missal.” In United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Liturgy Document Series 2, paragraph 55, p. 31. Washington, DC: USCCB Publishing, 2003. (NOTE: In the third edition of the Roman Missal, the quotation from paragraph 55 of the “General Instruction of the Roman Missal” is translated as follows: “For in the readings, as explained by the Homily, God speaks to his people, opening up to them the mystery of redemption and salvation, and offering spiritual nourishment; and Christ himself is present through his word in the midst of the faithful.”)
- Guilbeau, Jeremy. Hidden in the Quiver of God: Bishop John Cuthbert Hedley on Priestly Formation for Preaching, MA Thesis. St. John's Seminary, Brighton, MA, 2002.
Preparing the Homily (Rev. Msgr. James A. Mongelluzzo) and Preaching as Vocation (Rev. William T. Kelly)
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. Fulfilled in Your Hearing: The Homily in the Sunday Assembly. Washington, DC: USCCB Publishing, 1982.
- National Conference of Catholic Bishops. Rite of Marriage. New York: Catholic Book Publishing Company, 1970.
- “The Sacrament of Matrimony.” In Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraphs 1601-1666, pp. 400-415. Ligouri, MO: Ligouri Publications, 1994.
- Turner, Paul. Preparing the Wedding Homily: A Guide for Preachers and Couples. San Jose, CA: Resource Publications, 2002.
- Turner, Paul. The Catholic Wedding Answer Book, (ML Answers: The 101 Most Asked Questions Series. San Jose, CA: Resource Publications, 2001.
- National Conference of Catholic Bishops. Order of Christian Funerals. Collegeville, MN: The Liturgical Press, 1989.
- Albom, Mitch. Tuesdays with Morrie. NY: Random House, 1997.
- Augustine of Hippo, De Doctrina Christiana. Trans, R. P. H. Green. NY: Oxford University Press, USA, 1996.
- Bernardin, Joseph. The Gift of Peace. Chicago: Loyola Press, 1997.
- García-Rivera , Alejandro and Scirghi, Thomas. Living Beauty: The Art of Liturgy. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, 2007.
- Hilkert, Mary Catherine. Naming Grace: Preaching and the Sacramental Imagination. NY: Continuum, 1997.
- Johnson, Elizabeth. She Who Is: The Mystery of God in Feminist Theological Discourse. NY: Crossroad Publishing Company, 1992.
- Martos, Joseph. Doors to the Sacred: A Historical Introduction to Sacraments in the Catholic Church. Chicago: Triumph Books; Rev Upd edition, 2001.
- Stevenson, Kenneth. To Join Together: The Rite of Marriage. NY: Pueblo Publishing Company, 1987.
- Lohfink, Norbert. Option for the Poor: The Basic Principles of Liberation Theology in Light of the Bible. Berkeley, CA: BIBAL, 1987.
- Congar,Yves. True and False Reform. Collegeville: Liturgical Press, 2011.
- Wright, N.T. “How Jesus Saw Himself.” Bible Review (June 1996), pp. 22-29.
- Congregation for Divine Worship. “Directory for Masses with Children.” In National Conference of Catholic Bishops, The Sacramentary. New York: Catholic Book Publishing Company, 1974.
- Garrido, Ann. Mustard Seed Preaching. Washington, DC: Liturgy Training Publications, 2004.