Places and Times for Sharing Faith
What are places and times when we share faith? This workshop, one of the C21 Resources series, provides guided discussion on how we participate in handing on the faith by sharing faith with others. The workshop is built around the Fall 2012 issue of C21 Resources, a free publication of Boston College’s Church in the 21st Century Center. This issue, entitled “Handing on the Faith,” edited by Boston College School of Theology and Ministry faculty member Thomas H. Groome, brings together a rich array of accounts about how the authors grew in faith, shared faith, and had others share their faith experiences with them. The nuclear and extended family, the parish, and the Catholic school are all described as settings for sharing faith. Retreats, pilgrimages, RCIA programs and many other occasions are featured in the stories related in the issue. Join the workshop and lend your own reflections to the places and times for sharing faith. Issue available online.
Check the course schedule for future offerings of this course.
This workshop includes:
- Reading 37 pages by 15 different authors
- Weekly questions for reflection and discussion
- A weekly introduction and study guide
- A resource page for further study
- "Town meeting” forum where participants can meet and socialize
- Certificate of active participation for those who post messages in discussion three times a week or more
All C21 Online workshops include these features:
- Participants have access 24 hours/7 days a week to the course's password protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small community for conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- Site is open to participants at least one week before and one week after the course.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- Those who actively participate receive an acknowledgment of completion of course.
- Week 1: Places for Sharing Faith
- Week 2: Occasions for Sharing Faith
Additional Materials Needed
Everything you need for this workshop is provided on the course web site.
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.
Content Scholar: various under the editorship of Dr. Thomas H. Groome