Growing Faith: Adults in an Evangelizing Church
This course provides guided discussion about the Spring 2010 issue of C21 Resources, a free publication of Boston College Church in the 21st Century Center. This issue, entitled "Growing Faith for an Evangelizing Church," edited by Boston College School of Theology and Ministry faculty member Dr. Jane Regan, contains ten short, informative articles (28 pages) centered on the connection between the growth of faith in adults and the evangelizing mission of the Church. Issue available online.
The issue "Growing Faith for an Evangelizing Church" is a companion to the Fall 2009 C21 Resources issue "Growing Faith for a Vibrant Church." See the companion course .
Check the course schedule for future offerings of this course.
- Reading 28 pages of material by 9 different authors
- Weekly questions for reflection and discussion
- A weekly introduction and study guide
- A resource page to use for further study
All C21 Online courses include these features:
- Participants have access 24 hours/ 7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- Site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
Week 1: Considerations about an Evangelizing Church: Chracteristics, Connection to Growth of Adult Faith, Why Catholics Do Not Share Faith, Returning Catholics
Week 2: Addressing Different Time of Adulthood: Early Adult, Second Half of Life, Twilight Time
Additional Materials Needed
Everything you need for this course is provided on the course web site -- review the readings for the course now. Contact the Church in tyhe 21st Century Center at email@example.com for a hard copy of the C21 Resources issue while they last.
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.
Content Scholar: Various under editorship of Dr. Jane Regan