A Sacramental People
Based on the Spring 2012 issue of C21 Resources edited by Fr. John Baldovin, S.J., this course provides an opportunity to reflect on and discuss a sacramental view of life. The sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick, and Marriage are the focus. This C21 Resources installment is a companion to previous issues that have addressed Eucharist, Holy Orders, and lay ecclesial ministry.
NOTE: For a complete overview of Catholic sacramental life, we recommend you also consider eventually enrolling in three other C21 Resources courses: The Eucharist: At the Heart of Catholic Life, Grace and Commitment: Religious and Ordained, and Grace and Commitment: The Laity. We also offer a four week course, Sacraments in Catholic Life.
Check the course schedule for future offerings of this course.
- All reading materials available online
- A study aide that guides participants through the course material
- Weekly questions for reflection and discussion
- Resources for further study
All C21 Online courses include these features:
- Participants have access 24 hours/ 7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- Site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
Week 1: A Sacramental People 1: A Sacramental View of Life, Baptism, Confirmation, and Marriage
Week 2: A Sacramental People 2: Penance, Anointing of the Sick, Christian Funerals
Additional Materials Needed
No additional materials needed. You can read or print the pdf format of of C21 Resources. Click here to access the issue. A hard copy may be available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the Spring 2012 issue entitled “Catholics: A Sacramental People.”
A participant can expect to spend an average of 4-5 hours each week. This commitment includes both preparation and interaction online.
Content Scholars: Various authors selected by the editor, Professor John Baldovin, S.J.