The Liturgy Committee
featuring video by Rev. Msgr. James A, Mongelluzzo, S.T.D.
A workshop designed for members of faith-based communities who are involved or who want to be involved in liturgy planning. It covers liturgical principles, the basic structure of the Mass, tools for planning liturgies and liturgical seasons, and strategies for working together as a committee.
Check the course schedule for future offerings of this course.
- A video presentation by Rev. Msgr. James A. Mongelluzzo for each week of the workshop;
- Text transcripts of each featured video;
- A study aid written by Dr. Barbara Radtke that guides participants through the course material;
- Weekly questions for reflection and discussion;
- A resource page to guide further study
All C21 Online workshops and courses include these features:
- Participants have access 24 hours/ 7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- Site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
Week 1: Key Liturgical Principles
Week 2: Structure of the Mass
Week 3: Special Considerations for Planning and Strategies for Working Together as a Committee
Additional Materials Needed
Mark Searle, Liturgy Made Simple. The Liturgical Press, 1981
A participant can expect to spend an average of 4-5 hours each week. This commitment includes both preparation and interaction online.
Content Scholars: Rev. Msgr. James A. Mongelluzzo, S.T.D.