Lichuan Ye, Ph.D., RN
Cushing Hall 423
- Ph.D. - University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- B.S.N.; M.S. - Sichuan University West China Medical School
Symptom presentation, daily functioning, and treatment outcomes in sleep disorders; women with obstructive sleep apnea; gender differences in sleep disorders.
Dr. Ye’s research focuses on women with sleep disorders. In particular, her work explores gender differences in clinical manifestation in patients with obstructive sleep apnea, and whether women respond differently to the continuous positive airway pressure treatment compared to men. Dr. Ye received her B.S. in Nursing and Master’s degree in Geriatrics and Internal Medicine from Sichuan University in China, and her Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania. She is a member of the Sleep Research Society and the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2013 – 2015 - 1R15NR013274-01A1: “Spousal Involvement in Adherence to CPAP Treatment”. NIH-NINR
- 2012 - American Sleep Medicine Foundation Education Award
- 2011-2014 - Aging Research Incentive Grant, Boston College Institute on Aging
- 2010 - Haley Nurse Scientist, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- 2010 Sigma Theta Tau International/ Virginia Henderson Clinical Research Grant
- Ye, L., Keane, K., Johnson, S. H., Patricia, D. C. (2013). How Do Clinicians Assess, Communicate About and Manage Patient Sleep in the Hospital?. Journal of Nursing Administration, 43(6), 342-347.
- Weaver, T.E. & Ye, L. (2012) Sleep-related breathing disorders. In CM Morin & CA Espie (Eds.) The Oxford Handbook of Sleep and Sleep Disorders, Oxford, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press.
- Ye, L., Pack, A.I., Maislin, G., Dinges, D., Hurley, S., McCloskey, S., & Weaver, T.E. (2012). Predictors of continuous positive airway pressure use during the first week of treatment. Journal of Sleep Research, 21(4), 419-426. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2869.2011.00969.x
- Ulrich, C.M., Zhou, Q. Ratcliffe, S.J., Ye, L., Grady, C., & Watkins-Bruner, D. (2012). Nurse practitioners' attitudes about cancer clinical trials and willingness to recommend research participation. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 33(1), 76-84.
- Ye, L. (2011). Factors Influencing Daytime Sleepiness in Chinese Patients with Obstructed Sleep Apnea. Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 9(2), 117-127.