Lichuan Ye, Ph.D., RN
Cushing Hall 423
- Ph.D. - University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- B.S.N., M.S. - Sichuan University West China Medical School
Symptom presentation, daily functioning, and treatment outcomes in sleep disorders; women with obstructive sleep apnea; gender differences in sleep disorders.
Dr. Ye's research focuses on promoting health through better sleep and better management of sleep disorders. In particular, her work aims to improve understanding of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) clinical presentations to facilitate earlier diagnosis, to improve OSA health outcomes by promoting treatment adherence, and to improve sleep in acute care hospital and on college campus. Dr. Ye received her B.S. in Nursing and Master's degree in Geriatrics and Internal Medicine from West China School of Medicine Sichuan University in China, and her Ph.D. in nursing from the University of Pennsylvania. She is a member of the Sleep Research Society, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2014 - Excellence in Teaching and Clinical Research Award; Boston College Connell School of Nursing
- 2014 - Excellence in Nursing Research Award, American Nurses Association (ANA) Massachusetts
- 2013 – 2015 - 1R15NR013274-01A1: “Spousal Involvement in Adherence to CPAP Treatment”. NIH-NINR
- 2011-2014 - Aging Research Incentive Grant, Boston College Institute on Aging
- 2012 - American Sleep Medicine Foundation Education Award2010 - Haley Nurse Scientist, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Ye, L., Malhotra, A., Kayser, K., Willis, D.G., Horowitz, J., Aloia, M., Weaver, T.E. (2014). Spousal involvement and CPAP adherence: A dyadic perspective. Sleep Medicine Reviews. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1016/j.smrv.2014.04.005
- Ye, L., Jeon, S., McGauley, C., & Owens, R. (2014). Sleeping pills for hospitalized patients: Perceptions from patients and clinicians. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 189, A5049. Retrieved from www.atsjournals.org
- Ye, L., Smith, A. (2014). Developing and Testing a Sleep Education Program for College Nursing Students. Sleep, 37, A379.
- Ye, L., Keane, K., Johnson, S. H., Patricia, D. C. (2013). How do clinicians assess, communicate about and manage patient sleep in the hospital? Journal of Nursing Administration, 43(6), 342-347.
- Weaver, T.E. & Ye, L. (2012) Sleep-related breathing disorders. In Morin, C. M., & Espie, C. A. (Eds.), The oxford handbook of sleep and sleep disorders, (pp. 666-689). Oxford, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press. doi: 10.1093/oxfordhb/9780195376203.013.0032