Lichuan Ye, PhD, RN
Maloney Hall 266
- Ph.D. - University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- B.S.N., M.S. - Sichuan University, West China School of Medicine
Symptom presentation, daily functioning, and treatment outcomes in sleep disorders; women with obstructive sleep apnea; gender differences in sleep disorders.
Dr. Ye's research focuses on promoting health through better sleep and better management of sleep disorders. In particular, her work aims to improve understanding of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) clinical presentations to facilitate earlier diagnosis, to improve OSA health outcomes by promoting treatment adherence, and to improve sleep in acute care hospital and on college campus. Dr. Ye received her B.S.N. in Nursing and Master's degree in Geriatrics and Internal Medicine from West China School of Medicine Sichuan University in China, and her Ph.D. in nursing from the University of Pennsylvania. She is a member of the Sleep Research Society, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2015-2016 - Boston College Ignite Award: "A Sleep Promotion Toolkit"
- 2014 - Excellence in Teaching and Clinical Research Award, Boston College Connell School of Nursing
- 2014 - Excellence in Nursing Research Award, American Nurses Association (ANA) Massachusetts
- 2013-2015 - 1R15NR013274-01A1: “Spousal Involvement in Adherence to CPAP Treatment”. NIH-NINR
- 2011-2014 - Aging Research Incentive Grant, Boston College Institute on Aging
- Ye, L., Smith, A. (in press). Developing and testing a sleep education program for college nursing students. To appear in Journal of Nursing Education.
- Ye, L., Malhotra, A., Kayser, K., Willis, D. G., Horowitz, J. A., Aloia, M. S., & Weaver, T. E. (2015). Spousal involvement and CPAP adherence: A dyadic perspective. (2015). Sleep Medicine Reviews, 19, 67-74. doi: 10.1016/j.smrv.2014.04.005
- Ye, L., Johnson, S. H., Keane, K., Manasia, M., & Gregas, M. (2014). Napping in college students and its relationship with nighttime sleep. Journal of American College Health, 63(2), 88-97. doi:10.1080/07448481.2014.983926
- Gillis, C. M., Poyant, J. O., Degrado, J. R., Ye, L., Anger, K. E., & Owens, R. L. (2014). Inpatient pharmacological sleep aid utilization is common at a tertiary medical center. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 9(10) 652-657. doi:10.1002/jhm.2246
- Ye, L., Pien, G. W., Ratcliffe, S. J., Björnsdottir, E., Arnardottir, E. S., Pack, A. I., Benediktsdottir, B., & Gislason, T. (2014). The different clinical faces of obstructive sleep apnoea: A cluster analysis. European Respiratory Journal. Advance online publication. doi:10.1183/09031936.00032314